FlashMaster659

Tues #s (Asgard pg 136) R1 22.4 Sing 17.7 Pass 6 Moan 4.6 Ass 3.6 WH 3.4 Fen 3.1 LLL 2.6

Just now, CJohn said:

I am very pleased Lionsgate's dark powers are not fucking up LLL.

Because the awards buzz is doing all of the work for them. It's likely drawing in people that would've seen Passengers but were turned off by the bad reviews.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, hw64 said:

No official Rogue One until Monday, apparently

http://pro.boxoffice.com/sunday-update-rogue-one-sets-pace-sing-performs-well-debut/

It's making way more then.90M for the 4 day. As always, Disney is being conservative. Even with only a 75% jump today and  flat tomorrow, gets it to 92M. 100M+ should happen for the 4 days.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Frozen was a phenomenon, why is it so hard to understand? I just don't get why this discussion keeps coming back to where Frozen succeeded that Moana didn't. It's frustrating.

Not just Frozen, but Zootopia.

I guess some people were under the impression that if a non-princess Disney movie would break out, surely a Princess Disney movie would break out.

Thursday onward Sing could not keep pace with TinTin, probably due to much bigger numbers : TinTin's ow was 4.0x the Thursday while Sing's is 3.46x the Thursday.

TinTin's final dom was 8x the 3-day ow. If Sing does 7x the 3-day ow, it will get ~232m (which is a nice fat successful total).

9 minutes ago, elcaballero said:

Obviously it will do well enough, but it has also been disappointing overseas so far.

Well all the songs were from the Anglosphere, so I would say Sing is more Anglo-centric if anything. I don't know how foreigners really feel about singing competitions, but that should be the main factor in the OS BO

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fracfar said:

Well all the songs were from the Anglosphere, so I would say Sing is more Anglo-centric if anything. I don't know how foreigners really feel about singing competitions, but that should be the main factor in the OS BO

They are huge. Everywhere.

• Like 5