FlashMaster659

Tues #s (Asgard pg 136) R1 22.4 Sing 17.7 Pass 6 Moan 4.6 Ass 3.6 WH 3.4 Fen 3.1 LLL 2.6

Just now, setna said:

I think this comparison is atractive but i see difficult to acheive.

Last year TFA froma the end of xmas days made 194 million more, i think R1 will do more or less half, so if arrives Jan 2nd with this 448, i think could end with 535-540

I agree that it may not make to 579 just because those movies did, I still can't see below 550. At least what it adds from Wed to Mon (6-day) it should add in the rest of the run.

• Like 2

If I'd seen Rogue 1 without knowing anything about how much the movie had opened to I'd have been certain @Christmas Baumer's club would have succeeded. Even beyond not thinking the movie was particularly good, it just didn't strike me as something that would be as mainstream as it evidently is. I just have to accept I'm wildly out of step with the public mood on this one, but also that it's basically impossible overestimate Star Wars at this point.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 5

Youre not alone @Hatebox

I am one of the biggest Star Wars fans out there and I really didn't think it was going to have this much interest in it either. It does have someone of a chance to go to 600 million. That is just astounding to me.

• Like 5

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

RO is no random spinoff.

It is a prequel to likely one of the widely watched films in movie history A new Hope.p

Its a spinoff.

Kathleen Kennedy even said so.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, a2knet said:

I agree that it may not make to 579 just because those movies did, I still can't see below 550. At least what it adds from Wed to Mon (6-day) it should add in the rest of the run.

By my estimations, the absolute floor for Rogue One must be $530M. It had a much smaller OW than TFA and a far less accommodating calendar in its first 10 days or so. From now on, Rogue One's inferiority vis-a-vis TFA is growing smaller. In other words, due to several reasons (calendar, hype, level of OW) there is a very high likelihood that Rogue One will display better legs than TFA. If I am correct, then Rogue One should be headed over $550M DOM and with a minor miracle may even push the $600M barrier. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, yjs said:

it's kinda exciting to finally have another $500m movie since TDK, they always fell on the either $400m or $600m range

And both movies are dark. 

With lower overseas gross.

Not saying Rogue One is as good as TDK.

But just like how TDK redefined the superhero genre, showing that realism and grittiness can make a superhero movie so much more grounded and relatable...

R1 is doing the same, making that Galaxy far far away, feels so much closer. :)

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Yeah but imo the ending is the sole reason why this has strong wom and interest.

sole reason? for real? the ONLY one? i mean, a good ending is key but you don't just win people over w/ a strong 5 minutes. they gotta fuck w/ the first two hours at least a little.

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

With cheap Tuesdays being even bigger now than they were in 2011 shouldn't most movies for at least 20% today?

Rogue One fell 14.9% from Tuesday to Wednesday in its first week. So, it's possible that it will fall less than 20% today. 

7 minutes ago, Spaghetti by the Sea said:

That's a steeper than desired drop for LLL, but my family and I will help it stay afloat Today and pitch in $32!

Yeah, those $32 will certainly help it rise a couple % points.