grim22

Black Adam | October 21, 2022 | New Line | Don't worry, it's a hit. Dwayne Johnson says so!

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

WTF. What were they smoking. WW84 gotta be worst CBM I have seen. Granted I don't watch stuff like Morbius, New Mutants.

Lol. You are kidding right.

I can name 2 worse superhero movies this year itself which are worse than WW84. 😅

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Warmaster506 said:

Fuck Disney Tomatoes

"Fandango says it’s the latest step to “modernize” Rotten Tomatoes, ever since NBCUniversal’s Fandango acquired the reviews-aggregation site in 2016 from Warner Bros., which retains a 25% stake in Rotten Tomatoes."

source: https://variety.com/2019/digital/news/rotten-tomatoes-audience-scores-verified-fandango-ticket-buyers-1203224424/

episode 15 legends of bikini bottom: the monster who came to bikini bottom GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

• Haha 3
  • Astonished 1

14 minutes ago, Serpico Jones said:

Trades reported on Man of Steel 2 yesterday.

Ah! I stand corrected...I missed this news.  A big update here on all things in the DC power vacuum... though it's hilarious to read that NOW they might go after McQuarrie...when he apparently approached them a couple years' back and faced a brick wall...but "Things Change"...  

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/dc-movies-james-gunn-pithces-dwayne-johnson-1235243030/  

5 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

WTF. What were they smoking. WW84 gotta be worst CBM I have seen. Granted I don't watch stuff like Morbius, New Mutants.

Having seen all 3, and agreeing WW84 is not good (I think at the time I gave it a C-, b/c I did like the open a lot, especially the mall scene, and then it all went downhill), those other 2 are WAY worse...

• Like 2

I only hope this makes as much as it can for WB's sake because it's their last movie of the year after putting out so few (no entry in the holiday sweepstakes whatsoever for 2022). They need some positive publicity after so many bad headlines the past few months have given them the aura of a studio in peril.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I only hope this makes as much as it can for WB's sake because it's their last movie of the year after putting out so few (no entry in the holiday sweepstakes whatsoever for 2022). They need some positive publicity after so many bad headlines the past few months have given them the aura of a studio in peril.

they have like 40 films scheduled for 2023, idk how they'll have the funds to release all of them at this point lol

A mid 50s or better RT score a popcorn crowd pleaser wannabe Michael Bay film is actually pretty damn good, no bullshit. MOS was a wannabe Chris Nolan film and it ended in same territory.

55% at 64 reviews is not concerning. 

Edited by excel1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, excel1 said:

A mid 50s or better RT score a popcorn crowd pleaser wannabe Michael Bay film is actually pretty damn good, no bullshit. MOS was a wannabe Chris Nolan film and it ended in same territory.

55% at 64 reviews is not concerning. 

Its very likely that it will fall far below the 50%. Movies rarely go up once they atart in the 50-60 range

So much is happening every second, and yet it feels like so little gets accomplished. The illusion of forward-momentum. I thiiiink some of it is trying to comment on the state of superheroes in movies now that don't seem to care at all about civilians? So many of them now are only bothered about their own situations and that could be an apt thing to go for with Black Adam, but it basically just boils down to one line and the movie never stops for anything.

If Dwayne Johnson's overblown enthusiasm for the character and his piece of the DC universe wasn't so well known, I would've thought he was sleep-walking through the movie. Black Adam isn't exactly deep or fun to begin with, but I definitely know people who will be disappointed with the lack of The Rock's usual charm and charisma.

Though watching it is a great opportunity for you to think about more productive things, like what you're gonna have for dinner. As long as you're prepared for how exhausting it all is, I don't think there are any other lasting effects to worry about.

Saw this earlier and I thought it was just okay. There's a lot of action and I thought the musical score was good. The visuals were also good, but I'm not really a fan of the palette unless that's really what they're going for Kahndaq. Doctor Fate stole the show for me. I still think The Rock was miscast. 🙁 I made sure I stayed after the mid-credits. That's probably the best thing about this. Maybe a 6.5 / 10.