grim22

Black Adam | October 21, 2022 | New Line | Don't worry, it's a hit. Dwayne Johnson says so!

5 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

I agree. He was a mediocre actor but was part of some great action movies in 80s. Apart from Predator and Terminator, I especially loved Commando. Again his acting was through his body language. His face showed nothing. He evolved to a better actor in 90s when he did T2, Last Action  Hero, Total Recall and my favorite has to be Cameron's True Lies. At his height he was easily the most popular action star and I remember in Summer 93 there was huge hype around Last Action Hero vs Cliff Hanger. Another movie from Spielberg with just Dinos trampled over both the movies 🙂

Commando is kinda brilliant, one of the most rewatchable movies ever, that magic can't be done today, it was the product of its time and all the right circumstances.

Edited by Firepower

Just saw it. Ya’ll are nuts if you don’t think the Rock knew what he was doing with it. Audience cheered the mid credits scene, laughed the whole way through and everyone was buzzing afterwards.

Peak theatre experience here. 

(Movie itself is nothing but dumb fluff, but a fun, numb two hours!)

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Jeight said:

This was easily the worst cbm i have seen since ww84. Im not counting morbius since i havent finished that. The cinema here in Greece was 70% empty

Wait this opened in Greece today and it is only 3 pm.IDK where you seen it but obviously if you went at 12.00 pm the theatre would be empty obviously, if not closed.

Edited by TheDarkKnightOfSteel
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, TigerPaw said:

I just watched it here in Singapore. Darn good movie IMO; people were clapping at the end and there were some unexpected twists.

Dr Fate stole the show. Will rewatch it in IMAX.

Very pleasantly surprised - this was not bad at all.

Yup. Doctor Fate indeed stole the show. I want to see more of him in the future. 👀

1 hour ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Wait this opened in Greece today and it is only 3 am. IDK where you seen it but obviously if you went at 12.00 am the theatre would be empty obviously, if not closed.

Yes the Mall in Heraklion open at 11 am with movies going up to 22 pm

Edited by Jeight

4 hours ago, AJG said:

Slightly Off-Topic but the new big DC game is getting some Shocking reviews

Not to derail the topic too much but the game looked like shit from the trailers so no surprises here. WB should have let Rocksteady develop this one too.  OK now back to Black Adam

3 hours ago, TigerPaw said:

Are cinemas usually packed on weekdays lunchtime in Greece? For an opening title of course.

Theatres in Greece are not even packed on Dinner time. Basically we have only one chain that is busy and that only has most of each business during Wednesdays/Fridays/Saturdays noon-night. 

I actually saw a purple of showtimes and this has had like 4 almost sold out showings, which is decent and actually much better than DC’s latest offerings.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Theatres in Greece are not even packed on Dinner time. Basically we have only one chain that is busy and that only has most of each business during Wednesdays/Fridays/Saturdays noon-night. 

I actually saw a purple of showtimes and this has had like 4 almost sold out showings, which is decent and actually much better than DC’s latest offerings.

Means the 70% empty comment was really misleading... and doesn't explain the context of it being weekday and really early..

14 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

I agree. He was a mediocre actor but was part of some great action movies in 80s. Apart from Predator and Terminator, I especially loved Commando. Again his acting was through his body language. His face showed nothing. He evolved to a better actor in 90s when he did T2, Last Action  Hero, Total Recall and my favorite has to be Cameron's True Lies. At his height he was easily the most popular action star and I remember in Summer 93 there was huge hype around Last Action Hero vs Cliff Hanger. Another movie from Spielberg with just Dinos trampled over both the movies 🙂

Stallone '85 was the peak of action star popularity.