WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 29): Split 40M | xXx 20.1M | Hidden Figures 15.7M | Sing 9M | La La Land 8.4M | The Founder 3.4M

Haha I can't imagine that people actually liked that movie. I mean I guess if I was 12 maybe I would have liked it? I hope not. I want to believe I didn't have that awful of taste. You would really have to have no clue what a good movie looks like to think xXx is it. I was actually excited for it because I enjoyed the first and love Vin Diesel but yikes was it horrible.

I'm lucky my GF has better taste than that; she thought 50 Shades was crap. She doesn't have much in common with average girl taste in film, because she always comes home bitching to me how every girl friend of hers has the shittiest taste lol.

48 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Cinemascore for Triple X is a very solid A-, which is surprisingly better than Split's B+.

I think WOM for Triple X will not be as bad as people think, I am reading twitter and there are people who genuinely likes it. 

Cinemascore means shit though..

Xxx still could have ok wom as these kind of dumb fun movies are

MNS first three movies were quite awesome. I don't know what the hell he was thinking when he did stuff like Lady in the Water. But now he seems to be back doing what he does best. I personally am really happy to see somebody with that kind of mind for horror to be doing well again.

• Like 9

I don't usually go for horror movies (I don't think I've ever seen one in theatres actually, unless you count 10CL) but there's a 99% chance I'll go to Split. When it comes out on the 2nd of February fuckkkk youuuuu New Zealand.

McAvoy has drawn me in. Glad to see it doing so well.

Edited by AABATTERY
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Split is actually the first horror film I've seen in theaters :jeb!: 

theyre 2 spooky 4 me

Edit: A quick check on my Letterboxed shows that my horror tally overall is pretty terrible. I guess they're not quite my tempo.

Edited by AABATTERY
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, baumer said:

MNS first three movies were quite awesome. I don't know what the hell he was thinking when he did stuff like Lady in the Water. But now he seems to be back doing what he does best. I personally am really happy to see somebody with that kind of mind for horror to be doing well again.

Yeah, he's been hit or miss the last several films but these last two films with smaller budgets seems to be working for him.   We know he's a good storyteller at the end of the day but again some of misses were bad but the highs were really high.   Going to check out "Split" for sure.  

Edited by filmscholar

6 hours ago, Sal said:

Coraline probably qualifies.  That movie manages to be creepy as hell.  Both Corpse Bride and Frankenweenie are really more gothic fantasy in style rather than being horror.  Not sure about Paranorman.  I really need to watch that.

Paranorman has it moments but Coraline was more of a horror movie.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JonathanLB said:

Haha I can't imagine that people actually liked that movie. I mean I guess if I was 12 maybe I would have liked it? I hope not. I want to believe I didn't have that awful of taste. You would really have to have no clue what a good movie looks like to think xXx is it. I was actually excited for it because I enjoyed the first and love Vin Diesel but yikes was it horrible.

I'm lucky my GF has better taste than that; she thought 50 Shades was crap. She doesn't have much in common with average girl taste in film, because she always comes home bitching to me how every girl friend of hers has the shittiest taste lol.

Sounds like a nice gf you got there, an ex of mine liked marvel films but thought Avatar was boring, she ain't around any more.

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Split is actually the first horror film I've seen in theaters :jeb!: 

I saw Jurassic Park's 3D rerelease, so Split is a close second for me ;).

edit: oh I thought you said best horror movie you've seen in theaters

Edited by That One Guy