grim22

Terminator: Dark Fate | Nov 1 2019 | Estimated to lose 122.6M

Main Cast stills and interview with Miller

http://collider.com/terminator-dark-fate-images/

Miller tells IGN that the story for a new Terminator clicked for him when they brought Sarah Connor (with Linda Hamilton returning the role) back into the mix:

“What makes or breaks a movie is whether I care about the characters when everything starts exploding. I’m sure every action filmmaker says that, but I did really try and focus on the relationships of these characters to one another.  And the fact that Linda came back makes this particular Terminator fresh, this story could only continue with her in the role of Sarah Conner. That’s the most important thing for me,” said Miller. “Linda reinvented this character in a way that both honors who she was before and brings something new to the role.”

Edited by EarlyDeadlinePredictions
  • Like 2

Also from IGN (quote from Tim Miller)

"Because so much of the film takes place on the messy fringes of society, I wanted to bring an indie film sensibility to an action plot in a way that I don’t think I’ve seen before... at least not on a big budget scale," he continued. "We have a lot of powerful, moving character moments up front, but toward the back half of the movie, when s**t gets going.... holy f**king s**t —it just doesn’t stop. And we tried very hard to make it all different and fresh -- it’s not just people punching each other; it’s a roller coaster ride and I think great.”

Edited by Elessar

Linda Hamilton’s presence immediately makes this film better than the last three. Obviously, it has a very high bar to reach in order to match the greatness of the first two films; but even if it comes close yet falls a little short of those two, it will still be an excellent flick. Hopefully the reactions from Cinemacon today will be through the roof.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/terminator-dark-fate-footage-brings-cheers-cinemacon-1199434

APRIL 04, 2019 11:03am PT by Carolyn Giardina , Pamela McClintock, Aaron Couch 

Arnold Schwarzenegger Impresses with First 'Terminator' Footage at CinemaCon

There's no fate but what you make. That line James Cameron wrote decades ago is in the DNA of Terminator: Dark Fate, which sees the series creator return as a creative voice for the first time since 1991's Terminator: Judgment Day.

Little is known about the upcoming film, but the curtain was pulled back at CinemaCon Thursday during Paramount's presentation. Paramount studio chief Jim Giannopoulos described it as a “return to the intensity, grit, and spectacle of the movies that first captured our imagination decades ago." 

It will follow up T2, with Arnold Schwarzenegger returning to star, and original lead Linda Hamilton back for the first time since Judgment Day. They are joined by series newcomers Natalia Reyes and Mackenzie Davis.

Deadpool filmmaker Tim Miller is directing the project, and said it "feels like a true successor to Jim's iconic film." Before showing footage, Miller noted the sound and visual effects were still works in progress, asking the crowd, "please be gentle."

In a clip, two teens find a new female Terminator (Davis) who arrives in Mexico. They think she is hurt. When police arrive the Terminator attack the police officers. The teens thank her, and she replies, "Don't thank me yet."

• Like 2

Paramount studio chief Jim Giannopoulos described it as a “return to the intensity, grit, and spectacle of the movies that first captured our imagination decades ago." 

To trully get to this point it needs to be R-rated, which i doubt it's gonna be.

That's not to say you can't make a good PG-13 Terminator.

• Like 1

TIm Miller seems like a great choice for this film.

One thing is sure;if the film does turn out to be really good, some of the Cameron fanboys will give all the credit to "Jim" and little to Miller a la Rodriguez and "Alita".

• Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

22 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Under easily. Struggle to get to 30m

After three weeks without a big action film (unless Gemini Man gets bumped), on a very film friendly date with previews on a very beneficial Halloween night, with no major competition that weekend and the reteaming of Arnold and Hamilton, and you think this one will open below $30M even though Genisys opened to $27M with far more competition en route to a 3.32 multiplier? Good luck with that. Charlie’s Angels didn’t blink and change its release date because T:DF was weak.

‘Terminator: Dark Fate’ Footage Kicks Ass

Miller was overcome with emotion talking about his film, which he said is a direct sequel to James Cameron‘s T2. Dropping f-bombs left and right, Miller revealed that Dark Fate‘s villain (Luna) has the ability to split, which makes him twice as deadly.

The Deadpool director seems like the perfect guy to have helped Cameron steer this franchise back on track. The action felt much more intense than past installments, and I suspect the film to delve into border politics given its Mexico City setting. Between the casting of Luna, Reyes and Diego Boneta, it’s great to see some diversity in a Terminator movie, and I love the new take on the franchise’s iconic score, which has a more Mexican sound this time around.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

The stills looks fine. The cast looks fine. The title wit modified Terminator font looks fine. Everything looks better than Genisys so far.  

But did they seriously have shown line "I'll be back" in the very first trailer again? Eh. . . :whosad: