grim22

Terminator: Dark Fate | Nov 1 2019 | Estimated to lose 122.6M

16 hours ago, Alexdube said:

that's such a double standard that is impossible for me to comprehend

"superhero movies can reboot as much as they want but for Terminator it's a crime or not interesting!" 

I think the double standard comes about primarily because they still insist on using a waaaaay past his prime Arnold. It's that Star Wars conundrum of not having enough faith in the conceit without the familiar actors. 

Edited by Hatebox

59 minutes ago, dudalb said:

James Cameron is the messiah who will save the world.

I got a feeling some of the Cameron fanboys here really believe that.

Put me down as somebody who likes his films but doesn't like his massive ego.

Such a great post:

Ignoring anything that was discussed (check)

obnoxiously deriding people (check) 

completely unprompted (check)

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Elessar said:

Well, look what i found...

It might be the stuff we presumably get later today, just in russian:

Not sure if it'll be taken down. I stopped watching halfway through, too spoilery. Don't like seeing whole scenes beforehand, want to experience that in the theater.

I watched a little bit of the car chase and I gotta admit, it did remind me of that old school terminator feel.

Consider my interest piqued. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

Cameron is  VERY hard on a set.

But you know which person he is the hardest on ?

Himself.

I've heard Cameron say in an interview that his need to work hard on a set comes perhaps from a lack of confidence. He says he knows other filmmakers are inherently more brilliant than he is but he can grind harder than most, that's how he can stand out. Doesn't sound to me like someone with a MASSIVE EGO, like some people seem to think.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Alexdube said:

It is in English, have you watched the whole thing? Just the start is in Spanish

I meant the narration, not the film dialog. Just that short bit at the beginning.

So we've got russian, now spanish... what's next? We english speaking people never get catered to. :(

;)

Edited by Elessar

17 minutes ago, Elessar said:

I meant the narration, not the film dialog. Just that short bit at the beginning.

So we've got russian, now spanish... what's next? We english speaking people never get catered to. :(

;)

what's weird is the official twitter is now selling the "exclusive look" Friday on IMAX but the footage is still out there for everyone to see in Russian... a bit sloppy on their part. Unless there's some different footage shown on Friday but I doubt it

If they had released that last trailer as the first thing people see from the movie i think the conversation would have been a little bit different. It's pretty good.

The movie will have its work cut out to make the studio enough money to warrant a sequel, judging by the interest level.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Elessar said:

If they had released that last trailer as the first thing people see from the movie i think the conversation would have been a little bit different. It's pretty good.

The movie will have its work cut out to make the studio enough money to warrant a sequel, judging by the interest level.

Should have left a longer gap from Genysis, still a stench from that one.

12 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

That, too.

Or rather, Genisys should have never been released. Dunno if they have the luxury to do the waiting game given that some people involved are getting a bit long in the tooth.

Edited by Elessar

13 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

And Genysis has a problem with the Stench from the film before that.

IMHO Terminator 2 was the last good Terminator movie made.

the more I see from this the hokier it looks

granny sarah saying cheesy lines and terminators doing back flips and and other shit in slow motion with cg fast and furious set pieces isn't doing it for me

if thats tim miller's vision for terminator with jimmy's blessing then i don't think theres a better example of a franchise thats run its course than terminator 

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 1