kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

2 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

Excellent. The 2nd in the US is the 3rd here and then I see it on the 4th, so there won't be too much time I'll have to avoid the internet to not see spoilers. All I have to do is hope the youtube algorithm doesn't spam me with spoiler shots from trailer and shit between now and then.

The only thing that sucks is my timezone is once again putting a movie and a series in conflict; the Moon Knight finale will drop at the same time I'm watching the MoM preview. Very much looking forward to both, so it's gonna be a good but full night.

• Like 2

Concerning Sam Raimi, i actually think the Spider-Man trilogy and the Evil Dead trilogy are incredibly similar in a certain way:

Spider-Man 1 was amazing (no pun intended) when it came out and it still holds up quite well. The aging effects and some of the cornyness is completely offset by Willem Dafoe alone. For Superhero and Comic Book movies, it was groundbreaking, especially in establishing this class of film as (possible) box office gold. Spider-Man 2 meanwhile should imo still be regarded as one of the best Superhero films of all time. It improved on the original in every single way while not copying that film in any way. Spider-Man 3 is a fantastic comedy.

Meanwhile, Evil Dead is as much of a groundbreaking horror classic as they come and Evil Dead 2 is as well, though Dead by Dawn basically improves every single aspect of the original while not copying that film. Army of Darkness is a fantastic comedy.

On 4/11/2022 at 5:11 PM, Gamora said:

Excellent. The 2nd in the US is the 3rd here and then I see it on the 4th, so there won't be too much time I'll have to avoid the internet to not see spoilers. All I have to do is hope the youtube algorithm doesn't spam me with spoiler shots from trailer and shit between now and then.

The only thing that sucks is my timezone is once again putting a movie and a series in conflict; the Moon Knight finale will drop at the same time I'm watching the MoM preview. Very much looking forward to both, so it's gonna be a good but full night.

Turn off your YouTube notifications the day reviews drop.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Concerning Sam Raimi, i actually think the Spider-Man trilogy and the Evil Dead trilogy are incredibly similar in a certain way:

Spider-Man 1 was amazing (no pun intended) when it came out and it still holds up quite well. The aging effects and some of the cornyness is completely offset by Willem Dafoe alone. For Superhero and Comic Book movies, it was groundbreaking, especially in establishing this class of film as (possible) box office gold. Spider-Man 2 meanwhile should imo still be regarded as one of the best Superhero films of all time. It improved on the original in every single way while not copying that film in any way. Spider-Man 3 is a fantastic comedy.

Meanwhile, Evil Dead is as much of a groundbreaking horror classic as they come and Evil Dead 2 is as well, though Dead by Dawn basically improves every single aspect of the original while not copying that film. Army of Darkness is a fantastic comedy.

Dead by dawn is Sam Raimi movie?

7 minutes ago, Firepower said:

All the footage from the studio mandated forced fan service segment feels like it's taken from any other MCU flick, the same generic, cartoonish and sterile look, like it's part of reshoots and detached from other footage, plus that awful looking shot with Wong and Witch which is definitely reshoots because it looks like removing wires is as far as they went with it in post. But it'll still be better than NWH simply because it's directed by a real director, even though his glory days are in the past.

All movies are directed by a real director. Either that or multiple real directors.

Edited by Menor Reborn
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Campea had mentioned he thinks MOM would be a secret screening at CinemaCon but after he mentioned that on his previous show, he got an email from someone “in the know” who said it wouldn’t and that security was very tight on the film. 

Most significantly, he was told by this source that MOM has more surprises than “Infinity War, Endgame and No Way Home….combined.”

Edited by MultiverseXXR
  • Astonished 1

13 hours ago, MultiverseXXR said:

Campea had mentioned he thinks MOM would be a secret screening at CinemaCon but after he mentioned that on his previous show, he got an email from someone “in the know” who said it wouldn’t and that security was very tight on the film. 

Most significantly, he was told by this source that MOM has more surprises than “Infinity War, Endgame and No Way Home….combined.”

I can only hope.

On 4/13/2022 at 2:52 PM, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Raimi ranking before:

1. Spider-Man 2

2. Spider-Man 

3. Evil Dead 2

4. Evil Dead

5. Simple Plan

6. Darkman

7. Drag Me To Hell

8. Quick and the Dead

9. Army of Darkness

10. Spider-Man 3

11. The Gift

12. For Love of the Game

13. Crimewave

14. Oz

You rate Army of Darkness much too low. Vaslty better then the Quick and the Dead.

Edited by dudalb

On 4/11/2022 at 6:11 PM, Gamora said:

I log out from my regular YT account and log in with a different one whenever a big movie comes out. 

• Like 1