Alli

WEEKEND THREAD! FRI #s: Lego: 8M: 50SD: 6.6M: GW: 5.8: JW2: 4.1 (pg 8)

1 minute ago, Fullbuster said:

The UK is massive in comparison with the other territories, it's like only English-speaking territories love the movie.....

That was the case for The Lego Movie as well, I think WAG's films are a bit too American centric in their humour whereas Illumination seems to be global focus with more slapstick gags that translate better. 

7 minutes ago, CJohn said:

xXx is just 35M below Beyond WW. It will beat it in the end LMAO!!!! Star Trek had a 185M budget against a 85M budget of xXx. xXx is also the biggest of the franchise. If I were Paramount, I would already be in talks with Diesel and Yen for a xXx 4 set in China.

Or get them in Star Trek 4.

Yay, A Dog's Purpose passed $50m domestic today ($50.68m). The movie did amazingly well considering the BS sabotage job it had to overcome.

LLL had another amazing hold despite losing almost another 25% of its screens.

What to say about JW2, $100M is still on the table, it's all up to the holds the next couple of weeks. I was a bit worried about those ridiculous early estimates in the $12m range

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

That was the case for The Lego Movie as well, I think WAG's films are a bit too American centric in their humour whereas Illumination seems to be global focus with more slapstick gags that translate better. 

Indeed, that makes sense. That's weird when you think about it : it's a Danish brand!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The numbers for the openers range from to mediocre to crappy. No surprise there.

Totals look to be $180M for LEGO Batman, $115M for Fifty Shades, and $85M for John Wick. Solid all around.

Hidden Figures, Split, and La La Land are still killing it.

Shades and Wick will likely finish highe r

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Shades and Wick will likely finish highe r

Drops next weekend will be kinda big coming off of a 4-day holiday and then theater drops aren't gonna be pretty throughout March given how insane it looks (John Wick in particular is gonna get slaughtered with the arrival of Logan), so those totals seem pretty reasonable.

Edited by filmlover