CJohn

The Oscars 2017 on ABC | 89th Academy Awards | Discuss It Live Here | Super Sale to Honor the Steve Harvey moment! (p124)

At the end of the day its just just an insignificant award and a really insignificant event. Yes we all love the movies and we love the Oscars but really screwing up who won best picture in the grand scheme of what's really important in the world ranks about near the bottom.

• Like 8

Wait. Moonlight actually won? How the fuck did that happen? HOW THE FUCK DID THAT HAPPEN?

And I didn't even get to see this happen live. I shut my computer down after the official Academy twitter announced La La Land. They've deleted that tweet now, of course.

Edited by cannastop
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, baumer said:

Moonlight won because of white guilt.  Only explanation as to why such a terrible or at best mediocre film won it all.

31 minutes ago, baumer said:

At the end of the day its just just an insignificant award and a really insignificant event. Yes we all love the movies and we love the Oscars but really screwing up who won best picture in the grand scheme of what's really important in the world ranks about near the bottom.

Oh, no. You don't get to be the voice of reason here.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

I hope people aren't seriously fucking implying that anytime black people win awards it's because white people feel sorry for them and it's an act of sympathy and political pandering, and not because they truly deserve it... a few of these posts in this thread are edging towards that. 

Pretty sure they're just blatantly saying that.

• Like 5

I was calling Moonlight win and nobody believed me. I said, if AMPAS is to give BP to a gay movie, it's going to be to a black gay movie. They'll never award white gay movie cause that will remind them to clean up their closets. But that it would win on a mega scandal that points out at some shady business (coughriggingcough), not necessarily associated just with this movie, but more like overall that got exposed last night, is too good to be true. Wow. I didn't watch the awards but woke up to the news and videos. Eveyrone is talking ONLY about the fuck up. Nice to see that upstage the winners (it's always debatable who deserved what and who didn't) and especially political speeches. Thank you Faye and Warren! You stole the show and made it all about something else! :hi5:

@JohnnyGossamer It has only drug dealers and crack whores, is that an upgrade? 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

I honestly think Moonlight is a very worthy winner. It and LLL were my favorites of the nominated.

But do I think Moonlight would win last year? No, it wouldn't, last year LLL would have win.