franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | The 9th most profitable film of 2023

3 hours ago, AndyK said:

Just goes to show that, that little caveat you put in your twitter bio "Views are my own, not my employers" is completely meaningless.

When you are high profile, anything you do or say reflects on your employer.

Clearly Disney didn't think that when they hired the dude in the first place

17 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Clearly Disney didn't think that when they hired the dude in the first place

Disney insiders say the company was not aware of the offensive tweets and was taken aback when they were recirculated.

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/james-gunn-disney-wont-rehire-guardians-of-the-galaxy-1202892424/

Bautista is acting very immature and disrespectful. These people agreed the tweets were a mistake, yet they act like Gunn's firing is absurd. You may think Gunn deserves to be forgiven for the old tweets, but you have to understand many people do not, and this puts Disney in a very tough position. It's really not unreasonable that they want to avoid the backlash of employing a director that made so many rape and pedophilia jokes.

This whole situation is getting out of control and can put the third movie in danger of not happening, and I think the fans don't deserve that. They have been very supportive of these movies and this cast. Show your support for Gunn as you want, but have some respect for your fans and the company that gave you a job.

24 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Bautista is acting very immature and disrespectful. These people agreed the tweets were a mistake, yet they act like Gunn's firing is absurd. You may think Gunn deserves to be forgiven for the old tweets, but you have to understand many people do not, and this puts Disney in a very tough position. It's really not unreasonable that they want to avoid the backlash of employing a director that made so many rape and pedophilia jokes.

This whole situation is getting out of control and can put the third movie in danger of not happening, and I think the fans don't deserve that. They have been very supportive of these movies and this cast. Show your support for Gunn as you want, but have some respect for your fans and the company that gave you a job.

I didn't know you care so much about the GOTG movies. Mostly from fans of the series, they are also very upset about Gunn's firing and support the cast in standing up to it.

9 hours ago, RandomCat said:

I didn't know you care so much about the GOTG movies. Mostly from fans of the series, they are also very upset about Gunn's firing and support the cast in standing up to it.

I think it's not so much that The Emperor Of France cares about GOGT, but that he see a chance to make Marvel Studios look bad. Napoleon hates the MCU with a deep passion.

1 hour ago, AJG said:

Bautista will quit if they don’t use the script!!!!!

MCU drama.... I live.

Gonna be fun to watch, since it's a 100% probsblity that Bautista is contracully commited to a 3rd film.

Intersting that he is not demanding that Gunn be rehired, but that Gunn's script be used.