Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

3 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Fun stats: WB/New Line - 5 billion dollar movies; Paramount - 3 bdm's; Universal - 4 bdm's; Fox - 2 bdm's; Sony - 1 bdm; DISNEY - counting with BATB, FOURTEEN BILLION DOLLAR MOVIES.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Just now, MrMarosa said:

So...how long before they announce a sequel? Come on...you know that Disney is pondering it as we speak...

you really want them to adapt Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas? yes that is the actual sequel already made :P 

Just now, TalismanRing said:

Marvel's Savage Land  & Devil Dinosaur will take care of that. :lol:

Well I was talking about Disney acquiring those franchises so the other studios won't ever have a huge franchise on their hands not necessarily creating a franchise similar but yea that can work also. :lol:

Just now, expensiveho said:

Isn't Bond on sale? That would be a $1b per movie franchise for them. I saw an article on Forbes about it

It's only up for distribution, not sale.  As it stands, as it was for Sony, it's bad deal with EON and MGM taking most of the profits.  Disney wouldn't bother with it under those terms.  They'd rather fully invest and fully take the rewards   I think that was one of the major reasons for their split with Spielberg's Dreamworks.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

The Beast being able to compete with superheroers and Star Wars :D

Many of us saw this coming. BatB has as full and large a fanbase as either of those. The few detractors who didn't have got to be scratching their heads. They may already have chimed in, too many pages to attempt to read through at this point, I was too busy all weekend to check in till now.

That said, my wife and I plan to if possible watch it tonight. So the mouse still has a few pockets left to pilfer. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

It's only up for distribution, not sale. As it stands, as it was for Sony, it's bad deal with EON and MGM taking most of the profits.  Disney wouldn't bother with it under those terms.  They'd rather fully invest and fully take the rewards   I think that was one of the major reasons for their split with Spielberg's Dreamworks.

Yeah, I remember reading about that around the time of SPECTRE's release. I wonder how that's coming along, especially given recent reports that Craig is reconsidering coming back to do Bond again.