Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

5 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Emma Watson is the new Chris Pratt.

Everyone assumes they're a major draw when they're in successful tentpoles.

Her star power will be tested with The Circle to some extent.

Remember, JLaw took a movie like Joy and made it more successful than it had any reason to be.

That's star power.

To be fair Passengers made 100m, and it was a turd of a movie with terrible marketing.  You have to give credence to both Pratt and JLaw for that.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AABATTERY said:

I think it would need some really good reviews to get that high. But it's def got a good shot at it.

Idk. It's a thriller but it feels like an indie they are trying to make bigger than what it is because of the cast. Ponsoldt's work isn't for everyone.  I'll be happy if it makes 10m OW.

4 minutes ago, Beauty and The Panda said:

To be fair Passengers made 100m, and it was a turd of a movie with terrible marketing.  You have to give credence to both Pratt and JLaw for that.

She had taken a one-two punch to her career.

Mockingjay 2 and X-men Apocalypse.

Her star power has dwindled ever since.

Edited by grey ghost

15 minutes ago, baumer said:

I completely disagree with you. I don't think many people thought that she was going to be a superstar. You don't go from a series like Harry Potter and then all the sudden transcend that into superstardom. Look at any other popular YA series or just any other popular series. People don't move on from those and right away transition into an A-list actor. It was always going to take her some time to get good rolls and to be in films people care about. This will certainly help.

First of all, I never said that people expected her to become a superstar, but, an acclaimed actress, that's the reason why she choose to go to the Indie scenario, unfortunately, most of her works didn't work. And, what? Emma isn't a superstar? If being in the biggest YA franchise of history, playing an iconic role, and being one of the most populars persons on world right now don't make you a superstar, what does it make? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

The Harry Potter kids (at least 2 of them) have been way more successful than I thought they would be away from the series. Especially Radcliffe, who looks like he'll have a really long, really great career. Didn't see that coming, tough to break through that Harry Potter typecast.

We all saw Rupert Grint go back into oblivion however...

17 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Emma Watson is the new Chris Pratt.

Everyone assumes they're a major draw when they're in successful tentpoles.

Her star power will be tested with The Circle to some extent.

Remember, JLaw took a movie like Joy and made it more successful than it had any reason to be.

That's star power.

Let's not forget that JLaw also brought $300m WW for an original sci-fi, that was trashed by critics, if wasn't for her, it would have made JA's numbers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TelemAAchos said:

/checks thread

/different fan bases arguing over which actress (who they're apparently on a first name basis with) is a superstar?

/exits thread

We haven't got to Rebecca Bloom vs Rose McIver yet. That ones gonna be a goddamn bloodbath.

• Like 2

The sequel to Goon comes out today in Canada. That is the one I will be seeing tonight after work. The entire cast from the first one is returning including Sean Williams Scott Jay Baruchel Liev Schreiber and they even got actors like Elisha Cuthbert, TJ Miller and Wyatt Russell. I can't wait to see it as it looks really hilarious and it got great reviews also.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, baumer said:

The sequel to Goon comes out today in Canada. That is the one I will be seeing tonight after work. The entire cast from the first one is returning including Sean Williams Scott Jay Baruchel Liev Schreiber and they even got actors like Elisha Cuthbert, TJ Miller and Wyatt Russell. I can't wait to see it as it looks really hilarious and it got great reviews also.

I liked the first one quite a bit, which surprised me. Had a ton of heart.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

While I agree with Pink that his T4 gif is his best work, I think his "Intensify Forward Firepower gif" after "grab them by the pussy" happened is a close second.

I need to see that GIF

21 minutes ago, baumer said:

I didn't know that.  I hope it shows up somewhere I can see it.  Goon was great :) 

Edited by 75live
  • Like 1