FlashMaster659

WEEKEND THREAD | Official Weekend Estimates: Beauty and the Beast - 88.3M; Power Rangers - 40.5M; Life - 12.6M; Other Numbers First Post. Gokira has been threadbanned.

1 minute ago, Xillix said:

When Life's date change to March 24th was announced there was one particular member on a Power Rangers forum I frequent who was convinced it would be a blockbuster that would doom the PR movie. Personally I thought it would underperform but not this badly. I'll go see it Sunday regardless.

Well for what it's worth I don't buy this cinemascore and they have never really been an accurate way to judge a film. There are four people that I know of here whove seen the movie. Three of us gave it over a nine out of 10 and the other person had it at 8.5 but then dropped to seven because he didn't like the way the ending was edited. The film is a tense nail-biter from beginning to end and it's one of the best films I've seen in my lifetime. It's taken me 48 hours to think about it all but it really is a fantastic piece of work.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'll be shocked if Life can pass 35M DOM with the WOM it's having. Not a good start for Sony this year.

Fortunately its doing well internationally.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cookson said:

Sony kind of sucks now..... They're desperate to get any franchise going hence the Spider-Man villains universe(without Spider-Man?) they're trying to make.

The only 3 Sony Spider-Man movies that'll do over $200M domestic is Homecoming 1 and 2, and Animated Spidey.

13 minutes ago, baumer said:

Well for what it's worth I don't buy this cinemascore and they have never really been an accurate way to judge a film. There are four people that I know of here whove seen the movie. Three of us gave it over a nine out of 10 and the other person had it at 8.5 but then dropped to seven because he didn't like the way the ending was edited. The film is a tense nail-biter from beginning to end and it's one of the best films I've seen in my lifetime. It's taken me 48 hours to think about it all but it really is a fantastic piece of work.

Did you know it was a fairly full on horror film before seeing it?  I didn't pay a lot of attention to the marketing but had the impression until a few days ago that it was an adult sci fi film. 

I wonder if the marketing attracted more of the Gravity crowd. 

Edited by DeeCee

13 minutes ago, baumer said:

I agree with you on this. But filmlover said it best earlier in the thread when he said the marketing for it was all over place. I'm not trying to make excuses for it especially because it's not a blockbuster or anything like that but the marketing had no idea what type of film they wanted to sell. And now a days when the actor/actress's name isn't really the selling point, marketing is what drags people to seats. It's no longer oh x and y are in this film so I'm going to watch it but rather oh this film looks fucking awesome because it's about this or that. And I don't think Sony was able to capture any of that. Truth be told I became interested because Reynolds was attached and then they added Jake so for me it was a win win. I probably would not have known more about the movie or had any interest in seeing it otherwise. And the marketing sure as hell didn't tell inform me it was going to be a space horror which is what it turned out to be. I thought it was a typical sci-fi film. 

Edited by Nova

3 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Did you know it was a fairly full on horror film before seeing it?  I didn't pay a lot of attention to the marketing by had the impression until a few days ago that it was an adult sci fi film. 

I wonder if the marketing attracted more of the Gravity crowd. 

I thought it was full on sci-fi until about last week. 

• Like 1

I guess Life won't get good word of mouth, because of 2 things:

Spoiler

Deadpool dies first.

Spoiler

That shitty ending ( I actually read on wikipedia ). I guess the cliffhanger won't be solved.

Spoiler

They should have made it a Venom prequel. They even got stock footage from a freaking Spider Man movie. 

Few people that are complaining about BATB hold, remember after the 6th biggest OW, it's 2nd weekend will jump up to 4th biggest behind the holy trinity of SW7, JW and TA1. 3rd has a legitimate shot at 3rd biggest behind SW7 and Avatar. So far legs have been phenomenal and it has a good chance to finish in the uncharted territory of 550M+.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, DeeCee said:

On the topic of Life. Life is a fantastic TV show. Still disappointed it only managed 2 seasons. 

It's run is on par with the run for the movie of the same name. 

But i agree. I actually still watch it from time to time. It doesn't take long to finish up the whole series :ph34r: