FlashMaster659

WEEKEND THREAD | Official Weekend Estimates: Beauty and the Beast - 88.3M; Power Rangers - 40.5M; Life - 12.6M; Other Numbers First Post. Gokira has been threadbanned.

Rebecca Ferguson should start picking better projects. She was a non-entity in the awful Girl on the Train and great in Life but very few are seeing Life. :( And she has a movie with Flopbender that has been screened and isn't good either. 

• Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

What's everyone feeling for Ghost in the Shell and especially Boss Baby next weekend? I feel like no one cares about the latter, and the poor reviews won't help either.

20-25M for GitS and 25-30M for Boss Baby

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

My need to see list is getting awful long

Hide contents

Need to see

Split
John Wick 2
Lego Batman
Get Out
Kong Skull Island
Beauty and the Beast
Power Rangers Life

Ethan, you need to be more of a Lego Batman and get a Life and Get Out to the movies, right now before I turn into a Beauty and The Beast, Split you into John Wick Chapter 2 and go Kong: Skull Island on you. However these movies Power Rangers from decent to fantastic. 

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

What's everyone feeling for Ghost in the Shell and especially Boss Baby next weekend? I feel like no one cares about the latter, and the poor reviews won't help either.

30M for Ghost in the Shell and 40M for Boss Baby.

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Boss Baby has done well in the markets it has opened in, won't be surprised with 40-45M for it tbh. GITS not screening for US critics does not bode well, maybe 20M or so.

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I think folks are underestimating both. I see both opening North of $30M. 

Two or three weeks ago i woukd have said GItS was going to flop but I don't think so anymore. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Kids don't care about reviews :kitschjob: Now I'm feeling 35M for GitS and 28M for BB. Things can to change later.

22 minutes ago, Nova said:

Maybe Sony can lend some of the box office money that The Shallows did to Life  so Life won't be seen as that much of a bomb. I'm sure Blake Lively wouldn't mind helping her husband's box office numbers :ph34r:

21 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I think The Shallows and Don't Breathe already used up their money helping my lovely Ghostbusters.   :lol:

Take money from Assengers and give it to Life then

Edited by robertman2

As Ghostbusters was brought up, Reitman did an interview during the launch of Ghostbusters VR where he threw Paul Feig under the bus hard

https://www.google.com/amp/io9.gizmodo.com/the-future-of-ghostbusters-is-uncertain-but-ivan-reitm-1793461305/amp

“We certainly would’ve loved to have a larger hit,” Reitman, who produced the new movie, told io9. “But considering the last film was almost 30 years ago, it really did extremely well. I think the film cost too much, frankly, and that’s the real issue. I personally had other points of view in terms of where the film should go and it was kind of a continuous conversation with Paul [Feig] about that. But Paul was the filmmaker on this one and he’s a very talented director. I wanted to give him enough room to do the film he thought it should be.”

“We jumped into an animated film [after the last movie] and we are developing live-action films,” Reitman said. “I want to bring all these stories together as a universe that makes sense within itself. Part of my job right now is to do that.”

He hopes the animated film will be in theaters in either 2019 or 2020 but can’t say for sure. “It depends on on how fast we can get it all together,” he said. “It’s hard to make an animated film.” Rather unsurprisingly, Reitman remained tight-lipped about the live-action films.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, robertman2 said:

Take money from Assengers and give it to Life then

It doesn't have much money to give. Life's only hope were The Shallows and Don't Breathe. But all their money was sent to Ghostbusters. Better luck next time Life. 

Edited by Nova

30 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Life seems like a film you watch on Netlifx

Why spend 15 bucks in theaters 

Amazing how so many people have negative opinions on this after it opened Softly. Funny I didn't hear anybody saying anything like this when the reviews were good and last week people were talking about it opening over 20 million.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I saw a TV spot the other day that says Reynolds "steals the show" or something like that.

Reveal hidden contents

Hes awesome in it.