FlashMaster659

WEEKEND THREAD | Official Weekend Estimates: Beauty and the Beast - 88.3M; Power Rangers - 40.5M; Life - 12.6M; Other Numbers First Post. Gokira has been threadbanned.

PR is all down to the Saturday. We don't know yet. Although solid Saturday increases over normal Friday seem to have become normal. 

Can someone do the math for all openers over the last 3 years?

Goodnight. 

2 minutes ago, Harley said:

Variety is reporting approx $85m for B&B and $40m for PW.

From what I understand that's from midday Friday projections. It was posted at 1 PM yesterday.

2 minutes ago, Gokira2012 said:

Yeah I had a meltdown before deadline posted real numbers

Technically RTH said $13M-$15M first, and then you panicked and dismissed RTH.

2 hours ago, JonathanLB said:

Yeah hmm that's a tough one, go see a movie intended for 5-year-olds or see an adult sci-fi movie. Yeah gonna have to say Life on that one! Unless you're dragged by the brats to PR lol

Hmm. BATB is for little girls, and yet everyone seems to love it. ;-)

Seriously, nothing wrong in wanting to see PR as an adult...

• Like 1

How on earth would Power Rangers gross 42m from 15m friday. It needs to increase almost 40% minus previews to have a chance I think Power Rangers will be slightly more front loaded considering its a fanboy driven movie. I would say 14m saturday and 9m sunday for 38m weekend.

9 minutes ago, MrMarosa said:

Hmm. BATB is for little girls, and yet everyone seems to love it. ;-)

Seriously, nothing wrong in wanting to see PR as an adult...

From deadline about PR: Biggest age group attending? Millennials 25-34 at 39%.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Did you know it was a fairly full on horror film before seeing it?  I didn't pay a lot of attention to the marketing but had the impression until a few days ago that it was an adult sci fi film. 

I wonder if the marketing attracted more of the Gravity crowd. 

No I did not know it was a full-on horror movie but I also knew that it was not a Gravity type film. I thought they made it pretty clear in the trailers that there was going to be a xenomorph of some kind that they were trying to contain. So that definitely gave it an alien kind of life.