WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 120): Boss Baby 50.2M | BATB 45.4M | GITS 18.7M | Power Rangers 14.2M | Kong 8.6M

2 hours ago, grey ghost said:

No ambiguously gay bromance is stronger than Bucky and Cap.

Every time Cap is talking to Bucky I hear "Say Something (I'm Giving Up On You)" in the background.

I was gonna say Thorki but I would hardly call that ambiguous...

5 hours ago, DamienRoc said:

Kinda does. What significant reason is there to populate the entire extras cast with white people? It's not an accurate representation of the city or the time, and it doesn't seem to have any storytelling importance, so why did it happen? What's defensible about it?

I'm assuming laziness. The endemic belief that white is the default, and thus no effort was expended to look beyond that. It's not malicious, but it is still racism.

Entire cast was white?  30 seconds of google search shows differently.

president-seraphina-picquery.jpg

zoe-kravitz.jpg

xZohJsI-_400x400.jpeg

img-3896-b-f-cl.jpg

The Boss Baby becoming a surprise hit despite negative reviews and everyone betting on it being a bomb for DreamWorks reminds of Home in 2015 outperforming the How to Train Your Dragon and Kung Fu Panda sequels. Nice. Home was great, hope I like this one too.

• Like 2

Makes sense to me, Ghost was way busier than any other movie I've seen in IMAX this year including Beauty and the Beast and Logan and LEGO Batman. At least where I was, it was a pretty busy showing. Nobody was at Batman (3 people including us), Beauty was fairly empty, and Logan was fairly solid, almost as good as Ghost. Just shows how theater dependent it is because those movies made nothing comparable OW but without the numbers I wouldn't know that. I would only know my own experience lol

2 hours ago, Matrix4You said:

i am scared for the BatB Sunday #

I thought we already had Sunday numbers or was those numbers from early in the day just estimates?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Some stats on GITS: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ghost-shell-why-movie-failed-open-990661

61% of the audience was male

76% of the audience was over 25

59% saw the movie in 3D with 15% coming from IMAX

The film played better in cities and attracted a more "upscale crowd"

It says 44% for 3D and 15% for IMAX. 

I wonder if that means 8.36 was from 3D, 10.64 was from 2D, and 2.85M of the 8.36 3D gross was IMAX (being 34% of all 3D sold)???

OR if it means 8.36 3D, 2.85 IMAX, and 7.79 for 2D.