Ezen Baklattan

THE THREAD OF THE FURIOUS: Friday #s (DHD, Pg 36) F8 45.5M, BB 6.6M, BATB 5.3M, Smurfs 2.9M, GIS 2.1M

2 minutes ago, chrisman0606 said:

A Kid-Friendly movie rated "Rated PG-13 for prolonged sequences of violence and destruction, suggestive content, and language. "

That's how many parents see it though and can I be honest? As a parent I don't see anything in these movies that would make me not take a 10(plus)-year old kid who wanted to watch this. The violence is very cartoonish.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 1

This is right in line with what I expected for F8, idk why people were expecting a mini-F7 run.  

There's no Paul Walker effect, the hype wasn't there for the trailers, its natural.  It's still looking to be a F6 level of success, which is great for it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, XO21 said:

They're calling it boring

It's basically a movie of the 70s. If Apocalypse Now came out today it'd get the same score

The movie already came out in the UK so that's mostly the audience scores from there where it bombed.  It just opened in 4 theaters in the US lat night and with an art house opening the RT score should go up if being "boring" was really the main complaint of GA audiences in the UK.

57 minutes ago, Filmovie said:

Estimated Top Midnight Grosses of All-Time

Rank / Title / Gross / Share of Opening Day

1. Star Wars: The Force Awakens 57,0 Million
  2. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2: $43.5 million (47.7 percent)
  3. The Dark Knight Rises: $30.6 million (40.4 percent)

Does TFA midnight number include Star Wars Marathon viewings?

Not apple to apple?

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

The movie already came out in the UK so that's mostly the audience scores from there where it bombed.  It just opened in 4 theaters in the US lat night and with an art house opening the RT score should go up if being "boring" was really the main complaint of GA audiences in the UK.

I've seen it and it's okay, it does drag a bit especially when they're not in the jungle. 

8 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

That's how many parents see it though and can I be honest? As a parent I don't see anything in these movies that would make me not take a 10(plus)-year old kid who wanted to watch this. The violence is very cartoonish.

One scene in the new movie is borderliine R, and it would've been R if they showed blood in the scene.

1 minute ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

If OW numbers around the globe are anything to go by then BATB has a legit shot of being the 2nd highest grossing film ww in 2017.Still thinking that F8 will,sadly,come above BATB but at least now it's a race.Hopefully,BATB will kill it in Japan next weekend.

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

how much can F8 do OS-China?

(i have it at 230 dom, 420 china for 650 combined. leaving it 350 to get from OS-China for 1b).

i don't think F8 will cross BATB ww.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, a2knet said:

how much can F8 do OS-China?

(i have it at 230 dom, 420 china for 650 combined. leaving it 350 to get from OS-China for 1b).

If it drops 40% OS-China that would be $464m (down from $773m)  so with $650m (US + China) about $1.1b

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Lestranger said:

250 prod budget. Worldwide P&A over 150 at least. Under 100 million... not good. Needs 850 worldwide to get in the black. This is not looking good at all for F8.

This will make plenty of profit for Universal.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

This needs to get a great OW hecause o don't see the multiplayer beinf very good.Guardians 2 is coming to chop this legs.It literally has 2 weeks to make as much money as it can.

Most films that open this big, make the majority of their money in the first 2-3 weeks anyways regardless if there's competition or not. 

• Like 1

I realize the Canadian box office is a small piece of the pie but I can tell you this, the country right now is in playoff fever for hockey. Last night Toronto Maple Leafs and Calgary Flames were playing in the playoffs for the first time in years. I'm not saying that deflated the preview number significantly but I wouldn't be surprised if it has a bit better of a multiplier this weekend then expected. Even if the playoffs only affected the North American box office by 5% that's still 5% that will probably be made up for over the weekend.

• Like 3