kayumanggi

KILLERS OF THE FLOWER MOON | 10.20.2023 | Paramount | current gross: $67,826,648

On 10/16/2023 at 4:53 AM, keysersoze123 said:

I am not seeing that high either. Thinking in 25-30m range for now. I agree with the reasons stated. It would have definitely helped had Leo was up and around at this point promoting the movie big time. This is going to impact everything. Next up are Marvels and Hunger Games. Only Freddys is ok I think. 

All they can do is keep selling rave reviews and a random final trailer. I am wondering how come they just can't invite Marty to attend some late-night shows? Or KOFM is a book right? Dicarpio can do some random promotion for the books.

14 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

All they can do is keep selling rave reviews and a random final trailer. I am wondering how come they just can't invite Marty to attend some late-night shows? Or KOFM is a book right? Dicarpio can do some random promotion for the books.

I think they are trying.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

gotta throw in that bad out of place music in there to try and appeal to the younglings

7 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Will Killers of the Flower Moon have IMAX for two weeks or does it depend on the theater?

Asking because I notice the theater I'm looking at hasn't assigned its IMAX screen for the weekend of October 27th yet.

I think it's going to have IMAX screens until The Marvels comes out unless Five Nights at Freddy's gets an 11th hour release in the format.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

Don't exactly love how you worded this, since Cote's feelings are valid. And understandable.

I see what you mean, I meant it more like "a negative perspective that exists" and not that any Osage criticism is "bad" and how dare they bash Scorsese. Many Oscar movies address social issues, and sometimes the criticisms sink them (Detroit) and sometimes voters ignore it (Green Book).

Anyway I am impressed they were willing to be less than 100 percent supportive at the premiere. There is a debate happening about whether Gladstone should be Lead or Supporting and the POV issue with the Osage ties into that, as there was a way to tell the story so that it wouldn't be questionable.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl

On 10/15/2023 at 3:53 PM, keysersoze123 said:

I am not seeing that high either. Thinking in 25-30m range for now. I agree with the reasons stated. It would have definitely helped had Leo was up and around at this point promoting the movie big time. This is going to impact everything. Next up are Marvels and Hunger Games. Only Freddys is ok I think. 

Leo never does the talk show circuit, so I'm not sure what good random junkets did for his previous films. 

On 10/15/2023 at 5:39 PM, emoviefan said:

This is what so maddening. The studios/streamers cutting their nose off to spite their face. Go back to the table and make a dam deal. That being said 25-30 million opening for 206 minute long Hard R Rated movie that targets a audience that is not exactly storming the theaters any more is no disaster. The question will  be WOM and legs along with that budget. 

On 10/16/2023 at 6:12 PM, mikeymichael said:

For some reason, I don't see this hitting 100m total domestic. Neither the runtime nor subject matter are very pleasant. Plus the lack of promotion.

Can see this finishing somewhere in the 75-90 range. If this opens up in the low 20s, I'll know I was onto something... 

The Revenant says hi. 

4 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Got tickets for tonight excited to finally watch a Scorsese movie in cinemas for the first time. 

Going with another four friends of mine tonight too! And ironically three of them are actually big marvel fans! It is time to lecture them how to differentiate theme park and real cinema.  

Director Martin Scorsese and star Leonardo DiCaprio are reportedly considering a new project based on David Grann's recently released nonfiction book, "Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI." In this compelling narrative, Grann delves into the intriguing events of the 1920s when the Osage Indian nation in Oklahoma became the world's richest per capita due to the discovery of oil beneath their land.

Members of the Osage nation experienced newfound wealth, with chauffeured automobiles, grand mansions, and the opportunity to send their children to Europe for education. However, a dark and sinister turn of events unfolded as the Osage people began to be systematically murdered. The story revolves around the Burkhart family, particularly Mollie Burkhart, who became a primary target. Her relatives were victims of shootings and poisonings, marking only the beginning of a series of unexplained deaths among tribe members.

Set against the backdrop of the Wild West, where figures like J. P. Getty made fortunes and outlaws like Al Spencer, known as the "Phantom Terror," roamed freely, the killings took a toll. Those who sought to investigate these murders often met violent ends themselves. With the death toll surpassing twenty-four, the FBI took on the case, marking one of the organization's initial major homicide investigations. Unfortunately, the bureau mishandled the case.

In a last-ditch effort, the then-young director, J. Edgar Hoover, enlisted the help of former Texas Ranger Tom White to unravel the mysteries behind the Osage murders. White assembled an undercover team, including one of the few American Indian agents within the bureau. Together with the Osage community, they embarked on a mission to expose one of the most chilling conspiracies in American history.

The potential collaboration between Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio in adapting this gripping story for the big screen is undoubtedly an exciting prospect for film enthusiasts and history buffs alike.

Edited by herry11222