kayumanggi

KILLERS OF THE FLOWER MOON | 10.20.2023 | Paramount | current gross: $67,826,648

I saw it this afternoon and thought it was outstanding. The storytelling is riveting, the cast is loaded with great performances (Gladstone and De Niro being the highlights for me), and it feels overwhelming in all the best ways. In many ways, it feels like another later Scorsese triumph about on par with The Irishman - except that this one is actually widely available in theaters as it should be.

Personally, I didn’t have an issue with the run time. The narrative is so huge and sprawling that I felt like it earned that time, and I can’t imagine it being divided neatly into miniseries episodes and having the same impact.

• Like 2

I don't know if anyone follows deveryjacobs on Instagram. She was one of the female leads in the show Reservation Dogs.

She just posted a seven Story indictment of Killers of the Flower Moon. I don't think this movie is going to get much, if any, love from Indigenous Americans outside of the Osage Nation.

Edited by MysteryMovieMogul

On 10/20/2023 at 1:29 PM, CoolioD1 said:

honestly, it's pretty good but not top tier scorsese. Probably the least enamored i've been by one of his works since The Aviator.

Kinda felt the same way as well. Falls firmly into the "respect it more than I like it" category imo

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Curiouser and Curiouser said:

She's very clearly a lead. And I think she will win.

Nothing about Poor Things excites me. Seems very weird. 

She is a lead, but she will be oninated for Supporting because that is a sure fire win for her. Lead is more problematic.

Not the first time this has happened. Al Pacino has much more screent time in The GOdfather then Brando and in may ways Micheal is the lead chatecter more then Don Vito, but he still got a supporting nomination.

14 hours ago, dudalb said:

She is a lead, but she will be oninated for Supporting because that is a sure fire win for her. Lead is more problematic.

Not the first time this has happened. Al Pacino has much more screent time in The GOdfather then Brando and in may ways Micheal is the lead chatecter more then Don Vito, but he still got a supporting nomination.

Category fraud happens al the time.  But in that case it's because it was Brando.  They weren't going to have the newish guy go lead and Brando go supporting or put them both in Lead and cannibalize the vote.   There's no competition for her in her own film.

They've already said in the trades that she'd be campaigned as a lead. I think that's how it'll stay because she is a lead imo and they want to make it look like they're putting the native voice at the forefront. If it wasn't for the strike she'd be the centre of their campaign.