kayumanggi

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR | 1369.5 M overseas ● 2048.4 M worldwide

Very good hold domestic. I still believe in +$700M and beating BP. :)

OS should be over $1B + at least $300M from China. $2B WW is the target. I hope it will get there and will do a little bit more than WW for the 3rd spot of all time.

19 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

From Deadline: Infinity War is the highest grossing release in industry history in Brazil, Central America, Bolivia, Venezuela, Latin America as a region, the Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, India (Hollywood) and Vietnam.

Titanic did $75M in Brazil.

AIW is number one in lc.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Purple Minion said:

From Deadline: Infinity War is the highest grossing release in industry history in Brazil, Central America, Bolivia, Venezuela, Latin America as a region, the Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, India (Hollywood) and Vietnam.

Record holder in almost all biggest Southeast Asian countries, except for Thailand. I wonder what movie is holding the record there?

7 minutes ago, Sam said:

Record holder in almost all biggest Southeast Asian countries, except for Thailand. I wonder what movie is holding the record there?

I know BOM ain't always accurate, but http://www.boxofficemojo.com/intl/thailand/opening/?sort=gross&order=DESC&p=.htm leads me to believe that it may be the highest Hollywood, but not overall.

EDIT: that only has AIW up to last weekend, so it is likely AIW is now top overall. Also the ER hasn't changed too drastically over the last few years, so it may be top in lc too

Edited by feasby007
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

indonesia!!! 

Hong Kong?

In both local currency and admissions, Avatar is still the record holder. Infinity should settle in (or already did) at #2 on both accounts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

I know BOM ain't always accurate, but http://www.boxofficemojo.com/intl/thailand/opening/?sort=gross&order=DESC&p=.htm leads me to believe that it may be the highest Hollywood, but not overall.

EDIT: that only has AIW up to last weekend, so it is likely AIW is now top overall. Also the ER hasn't changed too drastically over the last few years, so it may be top in lc too

4 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

Pee Mak, a local movie.

Thanks guys.

Base on the chart, Pee Mak made $18.16M, Infinity War is at $17.2M, so still a good chance of taking the record it seems.

@fabiopazzo2 Current $18.6M total in Hong Kong corresponds to around HK$146M, so indeed #2 all-time, besting Ultron HK$133M. 

Avatar has the record with 176M, so IW will have to be content with second place there, but HK$150-155M looking good. I’m hoping for 160M for $20M Total, but that could be hard with more competitions coming up. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Omni said:

It would be really interesting to see IW2 releasing during Christmas.

Absolutely. Xmas release means around 20 days of powerful grosses and not much in terms of direct competition. 

It seems to me (and I am sure most on here would agree) that AIW was released in the worst possible time. 

Eh, I thought apart from China, where an early May/late April release would probably have been better (even so, it still broke OW record with the date it got, and with light competitions ahead, the release date ain’t all that bad); the release dates worldwide for IW were pretty great. Essentially empty markets for 3 weekends, with the advantageous Labor Day holiday and additional national holidays in many countries. 

Christmas could have gotten it longer legs, but no guarantee it would get to that huge WW opening or broke so many OW records IMO. 

• Like 4