Alli

Weekend thread: GOTG2 63 m | Snatched 17.5 mi | King Arthur 14.7 m

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

Not feeling Jungle Book: Origins thinking it may flop. 

No, I do think JB:O will flop.  But I think it would have had a chance to do okay if JB hadn't already come out.  Similar to how Legend of Tarzan did okay.

Also that's just a terrible title. Anything with origins in the title deserves to flop.

Just now, The Panda said:

No, I do think JB:O will flop.  But I think it would have had a chance to do okay if JB hadn't already come out.  Similar to how Legend of Tarzan did okay.

Also that's just a terrible title. Anything with origins in the title deserves to flop.

Kung Fu Panda: Origins

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baumer said:

As for the teaser trailer for Star Wars not really catching on? Really James? I do agree it's obviously going to drop from the first one.... I don't think it's going to drop 700 million dollars to 1.3 billion.

The Last Jedi has Luke in it.   I guess maybe it should drop, but I'm not betting on it. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, PPZVGOS said:

Is this true? 

Do you have any link to the demographics of the MCU audience? Sounds very interesting! 

A bit late on this reply so it's possible someone beat me to the punch but, according to BOM:

Helping matters further is the "A" CinemaScore, which is right in line with pretty much all MCU features, and don't be surprised to see that opening weekend total bump up a notch or two and perhaps finish right around $147 million. Audience demographics show the film playing to an audience that was 56% male vs. 44% female, and overall 22% of the audience as 25 years-old or younger and a whopping 72% of the audience were adults while only 9% were teenagers.

Most other MCU titles have a gender breakdown that favors men 60/40.

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Didn't Aliens open to equivalent of $50m in Australia or did that change?

From what I know, it only did $3M in Australia. So if the theory holds, it should just make a bit over $30M in NA.

3 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

A bit late on this reply so it's possible someone beat me to the punch but, according to BOM:

Most other MCU titles have a gender breakdown that favors men 60/40.

OK. Not a huge difference then, but considerable. 

51 minutes ago, James said:

Not really. I expect about 650-700m DOM. And about 650m OS. And it has zero chance to touch 900m OS, someone here said. China is all but assured to drop from the first one and it will lose about 80m from the UK alone. TFA had huge nostalgia behind it. 

You obviously are under estimating the markets that love Star Wars. Did you see Harry Potter drop at all in the United Kingdom? It's not going to drop that much in the UK buddy.

3 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

From what I know, it only did $3M in Australia. So if the theory holds, it should just make a bit over $30M in NA.

OK. Not a huge difference then, but considerable. 

DeeCee said it was on pace for 4.5m 

Wow I just checked. It did 3.1 million in Australia opening weekend? That's not a good internal multiplayer for the weekend.

75% on RT right now.  I don't factor in reviews too much but we know it's probably at least "solid" and the horror genre has been cleaning up the last two summers. This is sci-fi/horror from a major franchise and directed by Scott.   I can't see a drop from $51M  all the way down to $30M.  I'd be shocked.