Alli

Weekend thread: GOTG2 63 m | Snatched 17.5 mi | King Arthur 14.7 m

4 minutes ago, Alli said:

really now? they are all the same

GOTG and GOTGV2 are your space operas.

Ant-Man is your heist movie.

Kingsman is James Bond.

Deadpool is your classic revenge story.

Split and Unbreakable are straight up thrillers.

Black Panther is being described as another James Bond espionage movie.

Wonder Woman and Captain America 1 are war movies.

New Mutants seems to be heading for a horror vibe.

Logan is a straight up western.

They all have superhero elements but are different movies. And we just started

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 11

Just now, Alli said:

really now? they are all the same

Now now, there's quite a big difference between Deadpool and Batman v Superman for instance. The 2 can barely be compared.

You'd have to subject yourself to some pretty epic mental gymnastics to think they're the same.

Guardians of the Galaxy is also completely different from these 2.

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

Once again you are talking out of your butt. :)

There hasnt been a POTC in 6 years. So you really have no idea what is going to make in any more right now. People don't really care about Johnny Depp anymore. 2011 might as we be 1911.

As for the teaser trailer for Star Wars not really catching on? Really James? I do agree it's obviously going to drop from the first one I don't think it's going to drive 700 million dollars to 1.3 billion.

Fuck yeah! What's up with TLJ drop predictions? Anything below 1.65-1.7b is unrealistic. It has no reason to drop that much. None. It won't be crap. TFA is a beloved movie (don't listen to Internet naysayers). Fisher death may drive some sentimental viewings. new characters are popular. Luke will have a bigger role. Not gonna drop more than 350M. 

Teaser isn't catching on, so what, it's a teaser. They tested the waters, can cut a more appealing trailer. It's a long way til December. people are loving the poster, though, and that's something that is usually meh. 

• Like 2

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, Alli said:

I don't know. to me they follow the same story beats. especially the marvel ones. and i can't stand the out of place "jokes"

It's fine if you don't like them. You are right: most CBMs follow the same story structure but there's a lot more to movies than just the story beats. Having the same structure doesn't make them all the same. :) 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Starting to think Jungle Book: Origins might be WB's next remake flop.

It's going to suffer being compared to the Disney version. Sony's Mulan and Universal's Little Mermaid will probably have the same fate.

33 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

It's going to suffer being compared to the Disney version. Sony's Mulan and Universal's Little Mermaid will probably have the same fate.

Not if Universal little Mermaid gets made first.

7 minutes ago, Hades said:

The Disney brand name would probably have more power alone and be more of a draw.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Hades said:

Tell me again how Pan did?

The Disney tag will to a long way with a few of those.  Mulan or Jungle Book could have been big without being Disney.  A straight up Mermaid adaption needs the Disney music and marketing to get people excited for it.  Similar to Beauty and the Beast.

• Like 2

Just now, The Panda said:

Tell me again how Pan did?

The Disney tag will to a long way with a few of those.  Mulan or Jungle Book could have been big without being Disney.  A straight up Mermaid adaption needs the Disney music and marketing to get people excited for it.  Similar to Beauty and the Beast.

Not feeling Jungle Book: Origins thinking it may flop. 

1 hour ago, TommyA10 said:

For TLJ to only make $1.3 billion worldwide would basically require it to make less domestically than RO (or only slightly more). How you envision that happening is something I'd like to see...

Not really. I expect about 650-700m DOM. And about 650m OS. And it has zero chance to touch 900m OS, someone here said. China is all but assured to drop from the first one and it will lose about 80m from the UK alone. TFA had huge nostalgia behind it.