Alli

Weekend thread: GOTG2 63 m | Snatched 17.5 mi | King Arthur 14.7 m

13 hours ago, That One Valerian said:

Baywatch doesn't really need critical approval.  It's had a pretty strong marketing campaign so far and it'll have The Rock's starpower to help it.  Wouldn't be surprised with a San Andreas-type run.

Having starpower only works as long as people are actually interested in the concept these days. Will see, but I doubt Baywatch opens to more then 50m+ for example. 

5 hours ago, Alli said:

Those will obviously never make that much, but something else will. i wonder what it will be....what will replace CBMs? people will get tired of them and a new fad will appear.

Other non comic-book tentpoles. 

1 hour ago, YourMother said:

22JS had no competition for its demo unlike Dead2ool. When opens after Han Solo, deals with Bumblebee second weekend, Incredibles 2 third weekend, and Jurassic World 2 in its fourth weekend.

Bumblebee is a guarantee flop, lol.

Nobody asked for that shit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tele Came Back said:

The movie, yes. That scene? No. :lol: 

(CG or no, it's still a sensationally fun fight scene. Very well-choreographed, designed, and shot.)

Doesn't that kind of spoil The Matrix for him? :kitschjob:

3 minutes ago, Tele Came Back said:

It's true. All of it. 

I'm sure you have a lot to say about those billions and billions of you've been on the planet. 

Also I really hate it when my like bar run-out. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tele Came Back said:

btw, this has gotta be one of the quietest 60m+ weekend threads ever. 

Pretty sure more discussion has been dedicated to The Star than anything else in here.

What a thrilling weekend.

Just now, Tele Came Back said:

We need to work out the specifics. :) 

Should be a good bet. So Deadpool finishes below 350m it needs to open above 150m for Baumer to win. I dont think multi will be that bad in summer.

I myself dont know how deadpool 2 will perform. 1st one did not follow any logic. its impossible to predict this far ahead. I dont even know if marketing would be able to replicate what happened with 1st movie.