Alli

Weekend thread: GOTG2 63 m | Snatched 17.5 mi | King Arthur 14.7 m

That's actually a good increase for Snatched (30%). 

Hot Pursuit on same weekend increased 17%.

Even if Snatched decreases on Mothers Day, it'll get $18m. I think it can increase and get to $20m. Snatched will increase from estimates to actuals though cause there's no way studio can predict the Sunday. 

It'd be brutal if King Arthur came in under Snatch's total (30M domestic). If it collapses and it gets a terrible multi I could see it happening. It'll almost definitely be doing under Snatch adjusted number now (47.3M).

Losing to Snatch and losing to Snatched.

Edited by aabattery
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, picores said:

375m looks in good shape for GV2

It's well on track for 2.5x or 365+ dom.

355-375 looks to be the range (am leaning on the higher side though).

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2

Mother's Day from 2016 with Julia Roberts should make a decent chunk of change today.  I wonder where that money will go to.  The distributor is Open Road Films and The Promise is the only film playing by them right now.  The Friday number for The Promise looked normal so I doubt that it will be taking the money. 

1 hour ago, Johnny Tran said:

I don't see it sniffing $65M.  That number will drop. 

The number came from RTH. Its not an estimate.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Any numbers for BATB?

No, but considering that BATB and BB had Fri-Fri drops of 28-29% and that Sun will be better than last Sun due to MD,

both should have a weekend drop below 25% (unless I am missing something here).

4 minutes ago, a2knet said:

No, but considering that BATB and BB had Fri-Fri drops of 28-29% and that Sun will be better than last Sun due to MD,

both should have a weekend drop below 25% (unless I am missing something here).

Deadline is predicting $4.2 million for the weekend (-16%). Cume of $493.5 million. It should hit $500 million around or before Memorial Day I'm guessing. 

15 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

Deadline is predicting $4.2 million for the weekend (-16%). Cume of $493.5 million. It should hit $500 million around or before Memorial Day I'm guessing. 

Yeah with big bump on Sunday 15-20% drop was incoming. Should pass 500 more easily than we thought after a series of 45-50% drops.

In fact I had settled for a Dory like 485+. But that movie didn't show great legs (except for a late push by Disney) and PETS seemed to have a permanent effect on it.

BATB on the other hand is showing great stamina. Even before the dollar bump it will cross 500.

The dollar bump and a possible push by Disney could see it past 505 (incidentally ~507 will give it a 2.9x multiplier).

2 hours ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Guardians 2 has the highest female appeal of any MCU film. If that allows it to play strongly on Mother's Day, it could get to $65M. 

Is this true? 

Do you have any link to the demographics of the MCU audience? Sounds very interesting! 

7 hours ago, baumer said:

I'd take that bet.  10 to 1 odds.  Deadpool will open closer to 250 than finishing with less than it.

An "R" rated movie getting the biggest opening ever? Don't dream.

Unless they downgrade it to PG-13 (rating the Top5 ever openers have) they won't make much more than the $131M DP did. And if they do, they will loose most of the jokes and bad words that made DP famous, getting bad critics by fans who liked the unpolite way DP was. I don't see none, the $200M OW nor the $500M+ DOM.

3 hours ago, meriodejaneiro said:

An "R" rated movie getting the biggest opening ever? Don't dream.

Unless they downgrade it to PG-13 (rating the Top5 ever openers have) they won't make much more than the $131M DP did. And if they do, they will loose most of the jokes and bad words that made DP famous, getting bad critics by fans who liked the unpolite way DP was. I don't see none, the $200M OW nor the $500M+ DOM.

That's not the bet.  He said it wouldn't make 250 million.

And as for my opinion on Deadpool 2, it's full loonie.....that means (at our site) that you are throwing all logic out the window and just going with a prediction based on how much you liked the first film. :)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, baumer said:

And as for my opinion on Deadpool 2, it's full loonie.....that means (at our site) that you are throwing all logic out the window and just going with a prediction based on how much you liked the first film. :)

Deadpool 2 will be colossal (if anywhere as good as the first) 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, baumer said:

Remember the golden rule. Never go full loonie. 

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/15545-michael-manns-untitled-cyberthriller-over-100m-in-china-club/

• Like 2