Alli

Weekend thread: GOTG2 63 m | Snatched 17.5 mi | King Arthur 14.7 m

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

I'd take that bet.  10 to 1 odds.  Deadpool will open closer to 250 than finishing with less than it.

That's an easy bet. I mean I don't think it'll open to $200M (more like $130-140M) but it's not doing under $250M domestic either lol Unless it's a giant turd or something....the first one was bigger than GOTG. It was one of the highest selling DVD/Blu-Rays of the year. And the teaser went viral so I think with another good marketing campaign Deadpool 2 is gonna go against the odds again 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tele Came Back said:

We need to work out the specifics. :) 

Let's make it simple.

You think it has a chance to finish with 250?

I think that's absurd.

I say it finishes with more than 300 without breaking a sweat.

If it does finish with more than 300, you donate $25.00.  If it misses, I'll donate $100.  That's four to one odds.

How about that?

20 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

It is way early but I think we could be seeing a nice Saturday.  

I hope so. The Friday increase was sub-standard compared to the last several early May Marvel openers (135%-150%).

Edited by JB33
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, baumer said:

You know why DP will open to close to 200 mill?  Because no one is expecting it to.  The first one came out of nowhere.  It took 11 years to get made and it only got greenlit when someone "leaked" the footage.  Everything about DP was an after thought from Fox and it became their highest grossing comic book film of all time.  Everything says that DP2 shouldn't increase all that much.

But it will.  It will defy the box office once again.  500 mill is a possibility.  

Never go full loonie?  Fuck that.  Always go full loonie when you love something.

Never go full loonie! 

Not that I'm gonna do the same thing with TLJ later this year   :ph34r:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Deadpool 2 won't miss 250 that'd require an insane drop. I don't think it'll open above 150 though either.

I agree with this. 

I think $130-140M and then a finish of $330-350M. I don't think Deadpool2 is gonna have 3D simply because it's not a film that needs it so I'm not even going to factor it in. I do think it's increasing WW regardless especially if it gets a China release. 

I also feel like people are missing the fact that now they can explore with even more characters and story lines because Fox will let them. It's not The Hangover 2 because unlike The Hangover 2, Deadpool 2 has the luxury of extending into other realms of the comic book. Deadpool is one of Marvel's highest selling comic books for a reason -_-

Having said that FUCK FOX FOR GIVING IT SUCH A HORRID RELEASE DATE! 

Edited by Nova

13 minutes ago, baumer said:

Let's make it simple.

You think it has a chance to finish with 250?

I think that's absurd.

I say it finishes with more than 300 without breaking a sweat.

If it does finish with more than 300, you donate $25.00.  If it misses, I'll donate $100.  That's four to one odds.

How about that?

tbh, 250 is a little nuts, especially this far out. But if you wanna do the O/U at 325, I'm game. 

• Like 1

Deadpool 2 will still feel fresh and hip because we never had movies that made fun of sequelitis in Hollywood.

It is such a bold & risqué approach, the studio is probably against the idea but visionary filmmaker whatshisname will prevail against st00pid Fox suits that make everything worse.

Edited by The Futurist

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Prepare yourself for disappointment as it not going to more than $30-35m OW

I'd be ecstatic if Ninjago does anything over $35M OW, thinking in that range.