Apes: 8/354 (Up 6)

Girls Trip: 6/390 (Up 6)

DM3: 6/312 (Up 6)

Valerian: 6/264 (Up 4)

Wonder Woman: 6/69 (Up 6)

SMH: 5/390 (No change)

Atomic Blonde: 4/390 (No change)

Detroit :sadben: 

Well, you do live in the most racist section of Florida. 

• Sad 1

Ha, Kidnap entered the Top5 of MT:

#1 DT 14.7%
#2 Dunkirk 14.7%
#3 Emoji 10.6%
#4 Girls Trip 6.6%
#5 Kidnap 5.9%

Of course that doesn't mean that it will break out  - maybe on a lower level - but that's still a little surprise to me.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, el sid said:

Ha, Kidnap entered the Top5 of MT:

#1 DT 14.7%
#2 Dunkirk 14.7%
#3 Emoji 10.6%
#4 Girls Trip 6.6%
#5 Kidnap 5.9%

Of course that doesn't mean that it will break out  - maybe on a lower level - but that's still a little surprise to me.

Dark Tower - 15.2%

Dunkirk - 13.5%

Emoji - 9.4%

Kidnap - 7.5%

Girls Trip - 7.3%

Kidnap is doing strong.  I think it will have good WOM

Edited by Matrix4You
  • Like 2

MT

1. Dunkirk - 15.0%

2. TDT - 12.8%

3. Emoji - 10.2%

4. GT - 6.6%

5. Kidnap - 6.5%

Pulse

1. Dunkirk

2. TDT

3. Emoji

4. GT

5. SMH

Oof, did Emoji fall this fast? I wonder if it'll drop from it's true Friday gross.

Edited by nomyth
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, nomyth said:

MT

1. Dunkirk - 15.0%

2. TDT - 12.8%

3. Emoji - 10.2%

4. GT - 6.6%

5. Kidnap - 6.5%

Pulse

1. Dunkirk

2. TDT

3. Emoji

4. GT

5. SMH

Oof, did Emoji fall this fast? I wonder if it'll drop from it's true Friday gross.

Yes, this is very similar to Emoji's collapse last week. But Dark Tower had a $2.7m advantage over Dunkirk on Friday whereas Emoji only had a $2m advantage. So with that in mind, I think it's going to be extremely close between the two of them for the weekend. Deadline is definitely overestimating Dark Tower at $19.6m. Probably will end up between $17-18m and so will Dunkirk. 

Edited by redfirebird2008
  • Like 1

Novice question - why are estimates for Nut Job 2 so low? I'm certainly not the demographic for this type of movie, but to me it seems like a animated animals movie in a barren summer with few choices and no recent animated animals movie.  It is also Open Road so it'll get screens from Regal and AMC for sure.  Can it outperform and outdo Nut Job 1? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

Novice question - why are estimates for Nut Job 2 so low? I'm certainly not the demographic for this type of movie, but to me it seems like a animated animals movie in a barren summer with few choices and no recent animated animals movie.  It is also Open Road so it'll get screens from Regal and AMC for sure.  Can it outperform and outdo Nut Job 1? 

No...have you seen the previews?  I'm a mom with 4 kids 10+ years apart (young teen to preK), and I have zero interested parties...even if I did, my spouse saw the preview at DM3 and told me he'd kill me if I bought him a ticket...

This has "crash and burn" all over it...if it gets RT scores above 20%, I call foul b/c there is no way this movie is better than the other under 20%s this summer...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nomyth said:

MT

1. Dunkirk - 15.0%

2. TDT - 12.8%

3. Emoji - 10.2%

4. GT - 6.6%

5. Kidnap - 6.5%

Pulse

1. Dunkirk

2. TDT

3. Emoji

4. GT

5. SMH

I really think Emoji is becoming a "camp/stay-at-home parent" movie...I don't think any families want to pay for 2 parents to have to see this, so Sat/Sun just don't play like regular animated...

If we had interested parties, I know I'd be going solo with kids b/c my spouse would refuse to go to this one...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

No...have you seen the previews?  I'm a mom with 4 kids 10+ years apart (young teen to preK), and I have zero interested parties...even if I did, my spouse saw the preview at DM3 and told me he'd kill me if I bought him a ticket...

This has "crash and burn" all over it...if it gets RT scores above 20%, I call foul b/c there is no way this movie is better than the other under 20%s this summer...

That makes sense, thanks..saw one preview but I didn't like Secret Life of Pets either so I couldn't trust my opinion here.  Emoji did so much better than I would've thought so figured I'd post the question.  Appreciate the reply/insight!

• Like 2