grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

15 minutes ago, raegr said:

M8, I don't know what's happening but I got 44.2 tickets, I calculated that over the course of five minutes.

Yeah, I believe you. Just based on the way the page looks, hard to believe the 27 average. I took a screen shot and counted 14 rows with an average of 3 on each row. Then one minute later, it was almost the same result. But as I said yesterday, these are snap shots in time. Hard to tell how they correlate to opening weekend success.

1 minute ago, Diana Prince said:

Yeah, I believe you. Just based on the way the page looks, hard to believe the 27 average. I took a screen shot and counted 14 rows with an average of 3 on each row. Then one minute later, it was almost the same result. But as I said yesterday, these are snap shots in time. Hard to tell how they correlate to opening weekend success.

I don't think someone would lie though...

Maybe we both are calculating it differently.

Just now, raegr said:

I don't think someone would lie though...

Maybe we both are calculating it differently.

No, I am not accusing anyone of lying. I think we are calculating differently. I responded to you, because you seemed puzzled by your result. Just wanted to tell you that I was getting the roughly the same thing. 

Are you using the time of the sale (indicated on the top left, along with the poster for the movie and the info) or the actual time passed? We usually use the time of the sale, as they actually describe the time the ticket was bought.

Sometimes the whole page is full of one movie, but it’s because sales are really slow (like on early morning), so one page represents 3 minutes of sales. Other times, when everyone is buying their tickets (night EST), one page can represent just a fraction of a minute’s sale.

That being said, I’m on the Pulse page a lot, and the most JL did today was a 32 p.m. average (I always calculate using a five min count to be more accurate) and had one spectacular single minute where it did 42. Mostly, it has stayed around 25/28. But it’s still early. It will pick up during the day, specially at night. Monday night I counted 55 in one minute, for a five min average over 40.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Subzero said:

I seriously don't get all this craziness ..... wait and see the movie for yourself and wait and see how audiences from your showing reacts (for legs) ...

We don't know what the OW is for this thing to even say one way or another ... .... But my guts tells me it will open above $140m.

This is a box office site - some of us like to predict box office.  

We even have games for predicting box office, weekly and seasonal.  

This is the Box Office Buzz & Tracking Thread.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

This a box office site - we like to predict box office.  We even have games for predicting box office, weekly and seasonal.

I posted this on the wrong thread .... deleted it and posted on the  JL thread....

Edited by Subzero
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

If you want a Christmas story with a donkey you can watch Little Drummer Boy - the TV level  Rankin & Bass stop motion animation from the 60s looks better than The Star's and it still delivers a punch  (really all the R&B Christmas themed animation from the 60s are a good bet)

Another donkey Christmas movie FYC, Disney's The Small One is very good too. It's a bit hard to find, but it's funny, sweet, and has a touching ending. And it's directed by Don Bluth.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Fandango Meter: 12:25-12:30am (Wed)

JL: 37.2 avg

Comps for this hour and rest of the day

SM:HC:  39 avg (12:30pm) 42 avg (3pm) , 54.2 (4pm)

Thor 3:  49 (3:40), 47 (4:10pm)

WW:  45 (4pm)

IT:   90 (10:30pm)

1eMZYHW.gif

30 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Fandango Meter: 12:25-12:30am (Wed)

JL: 37.2 avg

Comps for this hour and rest of the day

SM:HC:  39 avg (12:30pm) 42 avg (3pm) , 54.2 (4pm)

Thor 3:  49 (3:40), 47 (4:10pm)

WW:  45 (4pm)

IT:   90 (10:30pm)

Based on that, looks more and more likely for around $105M. Oh well.

20 minutes ago, TheMovieman said:

Based on that, looks more and more likely for around $105M. Oh well.

no it doesnt not at all. DW had it ahead of BvS, 90% ahead of WW. 40% ahead of SS. Fandongo is not an indicator and besides i get over 40-45 now

Edited by mredman
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, mredman said:

no it doesnt not at all. DW had it ahead of BvS, 90 ahead of WW. 40%% ahead of SS. Fandongo is not an indicator and besides i get over 40-45 now

Less than Suicide Squad is actually an option though :( 

7 minutes ago, mredman said:

no it doesnt not at all. DW had it ahead of BvS, 90 ahead of WW. 40%% ahead of SS. Fandongo is not an indicator and besides i get over 40-45 now

Yes and No. I’m still thinking $130M-$150M OW but the chain had the presales open like most chains for the ten day weekend. We don’t know have much is for Thanksgiving weekend.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Yeesh, I just realized Roman J. Israel, Esq. opens in NY/LA this weekend. How bad will that PTA be?

If it wasn't for Denzel sub 20k. Unless it's a Breathe 2.0, I'd say 25-30k

Edited by XO21