grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

My theater got the burst. JL is about the same as Thor. You know your theater is desperate for a family film when The Star has 8 showings throughout the day. Thor looks like it has 2 screens and DH2 suffered the most, it’s at 4 showings a day. Wonder has 5 showings throughout the day.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 4

On 11/12/2017 at 10:38 AM, YourMother said:

Justice League 

North Shore Cinema 

11/16/17 (4 days before previews, 5 before release)

Mequon, WI

6:00 - 106/301

7:00 - 29/146

8:00 - 7/139

9:00 - 36/301

10:00 - 10/146

11:00 - 1/139

12:00 - 9/301

Running 36.5% ahead of Homecoming at the same time which translates into a $160M OW but it also has way more showtimes. If we use just Ultrascreen since only Ultrascreen was available for Homecoming presales until Tuesday, JL is looking at $122M. Using the an average, it’d be a $141M OW.

Justice League 

North Shore Cinema 

11/16/17 (2 days before previews, 3 before release)

Mequon, WI

6:00 - 125/301

7:00 - 55/146

8:00 - 16/139

9:00 - 68/301

10:00 - 10/146

11:00 - 10/139

12:00 - 13/301

Running 24% ahead of Thor, 6% ahead of IT and 41% ahead of Homecoming. This indicates a range between $130M-$165M using my theater’s data but however Thor ran 15% ahead of Homecoming translating into a $135M OW, but it proved to be more frontloaded then again Homecoming opened in the heat of the summer, so that may not be the best comparison and DC films tend to be more frontloaded in previews. So I’m thinking a $150M OW. 

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, mredman said:

so what are we looking at here ? any news on what it will open on. According to DW it will do about 150m and according to EC it will do 130m.

We should be clear about what Deep Wang is reporting. He says nothing about what the OW will be. All he says is that, to date, it's presold about the same amount as BVS did, at the same point in time.

Also The Star didn’t have sellouts and remains at 15 tickets sold. Wonder remains at 16 tickets sold. Using my DH2 comparison both would be in the low $20M OW but that seems impossible for Star and somewhat unlikely for Wonder.

JL remains ahead of Thor 3. Several of the showing aren't available online to buy tickets from which is odd. Hopefully my theater resolves the issue soon. 

Wonder and Coco are doing decent. I am surprised my theater hasn't expanded their showings.

Star:rofl: ..... just give its screens to Wonder or Justice League. 

Justice League 442 2,298 19.2%
Wonder 30 156 19.2%
Star 0 234 0.0%
Coco 56 156 35.9%
  • Like 6

45 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

We should be clear about what Deep Wang is reporting. He says nothing about what the OW will be. All he says is that, to date, it's presold about the same amount as BVS did, at the same point in time.

More like Shallow Wang, right?

• Haha 1

Coco isn’t doing well presales wise at my theater but I’m going to take a look at Menomonee and Mayfair quickly.

Coco looks much better in Menomonee now I’m checking Mayfair. Also The Star looks solid in Menomonee.

Edited by YourMother

1 minute ago, AdamKendall said:

God damn, that would be hideous, but would send a loud message to WB.

Well, they didn't get the message when meddling with BvS so why would things change after this? They'll just find another excuse as to why it under performed.