grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

Lol crazy and rich. Back in Texas when AMC still called their best seats cinema suites I would routinely go there for $12 for 2 tickets after buying codes off eBay. This was before my movie pass.

It was so nice and so cheap.

I don't see why PS would play like US or Glass? I mean, Glass had bad reviews killing a lot of walkup, especially with the adults crowd, while PS is getting raves. While US had massive buzz before the release which inflated the OW, hell, it was almost as front off previews than IT despite grossing almost the half on previews numbers, and I really doubt PS will be so front as a movie that grossed $13m on previews and had a storm hurting its IM.

I think it will play closer to AQP than to IT/US, although, I would bet in something between these movies.

IT got a 9.3x, while AQP had 11.7x.

I would say that a 10.2x-10.4x off previews would be a good bet to PS.

What do you guys think? @CoolEric258 @Litio

Edited by The Horror of Lucas Films

Just now, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

I don't see why PS would play like US or Glass? I mean, Glass had bad reviews killing a lot of walkup, especially with the adults crowd, while PS is getting raves. While US had massive buzz before the release which inflated the OW, hell, it was almost as front off previews than IT despite grossing almost the half on previews numbers, and I really doubt PS will be so front as a movie that grossed $13m on previews and had a storm hurting its IM.

I think it will play closer to AQP than to IT/US, although, I would bet in something between these movies.

IT got a 9.3x, while AQP had 11.7x.

I would say that a 10.0x off previews would be a good bet to PS.

What do you guys think? @CoolEric258 @Litio

I don't pay attention to preview multipliers or IM or any of that shiz. But I guess that seems fine? The one monkey wrench is this being a King adaptation. I don't think Sematary's as big as his other novels, but how much does King's fanbase will come in on Thursday/Friday to frontload the movie?

4 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

I don't pay attention to preview multipliers or IM or any of that shiz. But I guess that seems fine? The one monkey wrench is this being a King adaptation. I don't think Sematary's as big as his other novels, but how much does King's fanbase will come in on Thursday/Friday to frontload the movie?

I would say that anything between 3.6-3.8 would guarantee $40m for the weekend, what's the chances at it reaching this number at previews? 

Just now, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

I would say that anything between 3.6-3.8 would guarantee $40m for the weekend, what's the chances at it reaching this number at previews? 

Sorry, but I don't look at previews. I'm more of a "full weekend" kind of guy. Somebody like @TalismanRing can likely answer that question better than I can.

• Thanks 1

Cineworld is impressive. Several of their sites work and so many seats open. That's my backup if Vue sells out. The best part of Vue is their site is so shitty I might get tickets still.

Do you have to buy tickets this far out online? The theater is a 5 minute walk from my house so I may just stroll over there tomorrow. I'm gonna miss that theater. All leather reserve reclining seats and tickets for 5 pounds ($6.50 US) every Monday all tickets.

Well, akvalley still hasn't updated yet. But at least I have my theater's presales. In just a few hours (I don't know how many):

Avengers Endgame 1246 3016

41.31%

Wow. And the day is still young, so it'll probably sell at least half of my theater's tickets by the end of the day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 7