grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

2 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Deadpool 2 seems like one that would work okay. R rated tentpole sequels to breakout hits and everything (and yes, I know that superhero and horror are different beasts). I guess King of the Monsters and Venom can work too.

DP2 I started about eight days in so I won't have the initial data there and Venom, which I WAS thinking about as a decent enough comp, I didn't track until its last couple of days.  But once I get the data, DP2 should be interesting, sure.  Though then we have the 3D angle (DP2 didn't have it and I have no clue whether or not It 2 will) 

KotM is interesting.  It might be good but it kinda cratered its last three days when the reviews came out and the comp it was pointing to for most of its run suddenly dropped by about 1m or so.

So KotM's final might be accurate but the comp during the track, perhaps not as much.

Good ideas though.  DP2 might be the best of what I have once it shows up for me to use.

7 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

If I had just gone all in on my theater I would have been spot on against TS4 (1570/822 x 12 = 22.92)

Oh well. Let’s see how tonight does.

Your prediction was still one of the closer ones tbf. I have a feeling that TLK previews may have been more adult heavy than most on here expected which threw off comps slightly

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, UserHN said:

So, with a $23M midnight and DP2 as a main comp, what are we looking at OW?

If it followed DP2 exactly it would only be about $156m. We know that’s not happening though. If Charlie is accurate and it hits $93m full Friday, we’re looking at TLJ+

Edited by VenomXXR

3 minutes ago, Barnack said:

I imagine Incredible 2 multi (3.34) is also in play.

while i dont expect it, there is a good trend with big movies have this kind of legs in summer like jurassic world and incredibles 2 but while i dont expect legs like that just yet, i wouldnt be suprised

1 hour ago, cdsacken said:

With 230m, 600+ seems almost a lock. 2.61 legs makes it

2.6 would be some godawful legs for a family film. Worse than Shrek The Third. If OW is 230M then 700M is happening IMO. It's July.

• Like 1

*pokes head in "hello??"  nothing but echoes

Went quiet in here after all of a sudden.

So im reading 190 plus opening weekend on the sites. Sounds like a strong opener. 

And a bit of a breather as far as big ticket films. What a ride these past few months! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tinalera said:

*pokes head in "hello??"  nothing but echoes

Went quiet in here after all of a sudden.

So im reading 190 plus opening weekend on the sites. Sounds like a strong opener. 

And a bit of a breather as far as big ticket films. What a ride these past few months! 

In the words of Thanos....

It's finished. The work is done. 

for a week or so :)

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Rthhome said:

Sat TLK I had been going with 61-63

7 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

No hard info. I took a look earlier and it’s definitely strong. Stronger than true Friday. If I had to pick a number right now, I’d say $61m.

Fart Wow GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

• Like 1
  • Haha 5