VIP
400. 5/77
700 61/77
800 30/77
1045 2/77

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

On 7/20/2019 at 10:48 PM, Inceptionzq said:

Denver area has 329/3745 with 29 showings in 8 theaters as of yesterday. 

I’ve got no real comps, but I’m gonna use TLK for fun. That suggests a 2.7M Thursday preview. (Actually seems somewhat realistic but don’t take the comp seriously). I’m not sure what the IM of a movie like this would be, but I’m guessing it would be high because people aren’t rushing out to see it on Thursday. Low to mid 30s is my guess

OUATIH Thursday Night Showings Denver Metro

AMC Westminster Promenade 24:

2D:

4 PM – 36/158(+10)

4:30 PM – 15/94(+15)

7:45 PM – 94/158(+31)

8:15 PM – 37/94(+29)

11:20 PM – 10/158

AMC Highlands Ranch 24:

2D:

4 PM – 14/159(+5)

5 PM – 27/159(+2)

6:15 PM – 33/85(+20)

7:45 PM – 30/159(+12)

8:45 PM – 16/159(+5)

9:45 PM – 12/85(+9)

Total from 8 theaters (29 showings): 557(+228)/3745 (14.9%)

Over the course of 3 days, this actually seems pretty good. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Once Upon A Time in Hollywood Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report T-3 Days and Counting

Sellouts Showings Seats Sold Total Seats Perct Sold
TOTALS 0 44 651 5,465 11.91%

Adjusted Comps

7.73x of Crawl 3 days before release

7.91x of Stuber 3 days before release

0.12x of The Lion King 3 days before release

Now, by design, I don't have a good comp here to work with. The reason I track this stuff is to help the movies of the future rather than the present. But as of right now, we've got ourselves a range between 2.9M to 7.7M. Outside looking in, I feel more confident on the lower end than the higher end. Not a bad thing mind you. Unless Tarantino fans frontload the film like crazy, I feel like the lower end still makes an opening in the 30s very very likely, which would probably ensure 100M IMHO.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Once Upon A Time in Hollywood Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report T-3 Days and Counting

Sellouts Showings Seats Sold Total Seats Perct Sold
TOTALS 0 44 651 5,465 11.91%

Adjusted Comps

7.73x of Crawl 3 days before release

7.91x of Stuber 3 days before release

0.12x of The Lion King 3 days before release

Now, by design, I don't have a good comp here to work with. The reason I track this stuff is to help the movies of the future rather than the present. But as of right now, we've got ourselves a range between 2.9M to 7.7M. Outside looking in, I feel more confident on the lower end than the higher end. Not a bad thing mind you. Unless Tarantino fans frontload the film like crazy, I feel like the lower end still makes an opening in the 30s very very likely, which would probably ensure 100M IMHO.

That's a pretty decent amount of sold tickets.

Sorta wondering if we can establish a very loose correlation between my track and yours.  Be interesting going forward if only as compare/contrast.  Maybe @Inceptionzq's as well since they're also tracking a decent amount of theaters in one package.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

Alamo Drafthouse theaters are selling very well for OUATIH. They seem to target a more niche audience with their experience.

There are a few near sellouts. One of them even is showing it with 35MM film, and all those showings are selling very well.

Now, I’m not gonna track these theaters because they would most likely skew the numbers away from the GA. I just thought it was pretty cool.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

Alamo Drafthouse theaters are selling very well for OUATIH. They seem to target a more niche audience with their experience.

There are a few near sellouts. One of them even is showing it with 35MM film, and all those showings are selling very well.

Now, I’m not gonna track these theaters because they would most likely skew the numbers away from the GA. I just thought it was pretty cool.

FWIW, the local Studio Movie Grill is consistently, and across most big movies I track, one of the best theaters in the Sacramento region.  Another smaller full service dine-in theater is also pretty busy.

Not saying this to influence you to track or not.  Just saying that our local dine-ins don't particularly seem to be skewed, just popular. :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

Alamo drafthouse is the top quality theater

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Porthos said:

FWIW, the local Studio Movie Grill is consistently, and across most big movies I track, one of the best theaters in the Sacramento region.  Another smaller full service dine-in theater is also pretty busy.

Not saying this to influence you to track or not.  Just saying that our local dine-ins don't particularly seem to be skewed, just popular. :) 

I probably could include it with bigger movies. I just think that it’s skewed more towards niche audiences with movies like this. I’ll keep an eye on it though, maybe do some numbers separate from the theaters I’m currently tracking.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

I probably could include it with bigger movies. I just think that it’s skewed more towards niche audiences with movies like this. I’ll keep an eye on it though, maybe do some numbers separate from the theaters I’m currently tracking.

What ever you decide, it should be consistent IMO.  So if you think it'll unfairly skew results then don't include them,  But if after some thought you think it's okay then include it in future tracks, if you see what I mean.

Like I said, I wasn't trying to influence you, just maybe give you some thoughts from observing a similar theater in a different market. :)

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, SURAJ said:

What has happened to AkValley? Why it's not working? 

Pulse got taken off line about a month ago by Fandango.  No Pulse, nothing for akvalley to track.

Also the MT.com top five page finally went away about three weeks or so before then.  So not even that as a fall back.

Edited by Porthos

43 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

@Porthos doesnt rest. Even if he wants, he reminds himself of his dutys for this forum.

Hide contents

:ph34r:

Welcome back Brain-Bug. We have missed you. Also Endgame passed Avatar yay 😎😍😍

• Like 1

Top Theaters for Lion King posted by Rth

15 hours ago, Rthroar said:

top playdates 21-Jul
All TLK

1-AMC Burbank 30
2-AMC Disney Springs, Orlando FL
3-AMC Lincoln Square 13 NYC
4-AMC Empire 25, NYC
(Combined with E-walk across the road #1)
5-El Capitan, Hollywood
6-AMC Garden State, Paramus NJ
7-AMC Aventura, FL
8-Regal Atlantic Station, Atlanta GA
9-AMC Orange 30
10-AMC Tysons Corner, Mclean VA
11-AMC Gulf Pointe 30, Houston TX
12-Regal Warren, Moore OK
13-CMX Dolphon, Miami FL
14-Regal Marq Stadium, Houston TX
15-Regal Kaufman Astoria , Brooklyn NY

Ontario Mills + Palace would rank #3

Top Canada
1-CPLX Queensway, Etobicoke ON, 2-CPLX Vaughan ON, 3-CPLX Yonge & Dundas, Toronto ON, 4-CPLX Winston Churchhill Oakville ON, 5-CPLX Courtney Park Mississaugh ON

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Nero said:

Welcome back Brain-Bug. We have missed you. Also Endgame passed Avatar yay 😎😍😍

Thanks. And yeah that bold part brought my interest in BO back. There are milestones you dont want to miss beeing surpassed.

• Like 3

FWIW, there has only been ONE 3D IMAX showing for TLK in all Houston theaters each day since Thursday. I've never seen that for any big movie. 

I know that must have affected the numbers. I didn't see anything like that for TFA, the Avengers movies (well ANY marvel film for that matter) the Jurassic films, Incredibles 2, Aladdin, etc. They all had multiple 3D IMAX showings per day for at least the first week.

2 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Thanks. And yeah that bold part brought my interest in BO back. There are milestones you dont want to miss beeing surpassed.

Don't worry next year Kong VS Godzilla will bring in more money.. I think Godzilla as a character or a movie about Zilla isn't interesting for general audience as they are for Kong. King Kong was blockbuster and Skull Island was also very successful movies. Monkey or Chimpanzees are mote favourite among them (Planets of Ape movies). So I think Kong VS Zilla will be great. So don't leave the forum now 😄 😊

Edited by Nero

2 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Welcome back and I hope you don’t leave this time 👍

Btw how many times did u end up seeing KotM? I remember you saying u were gonna watch it a whole bunch of times. 

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Btw how many times did u end up seeing KotM? I remember you saying u were gonna watch it a whole bunch of times. 

Sadly i was only able to see it 11 Times. My theater abandoned it too fast for more viewings and ... well i had universaty at the same time so time was limited.

The 7th viewing was the best. There was a random guy who stood up during one of Godzillas roars and shouted "Wo ist der Affe?" in english "Where is the Ape?" i think he thought that this film was GvsKong. Was extremely funny nevertheless though :D

Edited by Brainbug
  • Haha 8