grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

40 minutes ago, Menor said:

Keyser is way better than Pulse though.

34 minutes ago, Nova said:

I love Keyser and all the data they provide! I love this thread in general and all the users who contribute to it. 

Pulse was just personally helpful. Although not perfect. If there was a movie that I wanted to track, especially the smaller ones, I could use its data. Like I wanted to see how The Gentleman was doing and a movie like that was easier to track using pulse tracker versus locally where my theater doesn't put showtimes up until the Tuesday/Wednesday before release for a movie like it. 

Thank you Menor. But I understand where Nova says. Pulse just gave real time perspective without someone going through the hoops to get the data. it democratized the BO tracking. Plus it clearly gave perspective of where movie is going even with sample data. You were on the point with TS4. 

But had pulse existed I would have never tried to get this data 🙂 Plus so many trackers( @Eric Dolittle and others have started to provide city level data which we did not have prior to Pulse).  So at least we are not going blind. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Random question for this thread but does anyone know if a website exists to see whether TV spots are being run for a particular movie? I remember seeing something of sorts a couple years ago but considering everything changes I didn't know if it was still around. 

8 minutes ago, Nova said:

Random question for this thread but does anyone know if a website exists to see whether TV spots are being run for a particular movie? I remember seeing something of sorts a couple years ago but considering everything changes I didn't know if it was still around. 

https://www.ispot.tv/browse/w.LL/life-and-entertainment/theatrical-movies

You do need to a paid account to get more specific details though

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nova said:

Admission prices keep going up which make it seem like admissions are also on the rise but that's not the case. A lot of people just wait for movies to pop up online unless they're a "must see" movie so unless chains start cutting back on prices or give more affordable monthly plans, admissions will probably stagnate/keep falling. 

Which is why long game with disney interests me. Do family with disney plus start saying " we can wait a few months it will be on disney plus" for movies. That might hurt them in film, but if they go the route of high quality films direct to disney plus with a premium subscription, less focus on theatres for them

Its a lot of hypotheticals thats why im intrigued to see how they manage it

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

Thank you Menor. But I understand where Nova says. Pulse just gave real time perspective without someone going through the hoops to get the data. it democratized the BO tracking. Plus it clearly gave perspective of where movie is going even with sample data. You were on the point with TS4. 

But had pulse existed I would have never tried to get this data 🙂 Plus so many trackers( @Eric Dolittle and others have started to provide city level data which we did not have prior to Pulse).  So at least we are not going blind. 

I understand that too, but your data is actual data which is way better than the sample. With Pulse especially for bigger movies it began to break down because of the daily caps. Pulse was pretty much useless for Endgame and probably would have been for TROS as well.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Menor said:

I understand that too, but your data is actual data which is way better than the sample. With Pulse especially for bigger movies it began to break down because of the daily caps. Pulse was pretty much useless for Endgame and probably would have been for TROS as well.

I agree. As I said if pulse existed we would not have so many folks providing extensive tracking data. 

Do you think you can get get MTC3 to work or that is a hard nut to crack?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I agree. As I said if pulse existed we would not have so many folks providing extensive tracking data. 

Do you think you can get get MTC3 to work or that is a hard nut to crack?

I think its doable, it's just that I've had exams in the past couple of weeks so I haven't really been able to look at it.

1 minute ago, Menor said:

I think its doable, it's just that I've had exams in the past couple of weeks so I haven't really been able to look at it.

definitely its not that important. hope the exams went well. take your time and hope you dont get IP Banned doing it 🙂

@ZackM also said its possible and so may be one of you have it working before biggies this year. Bad Boys itself broke out way higher than optimistic prediction and hopefully there are many more. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

definitely its not that important. hope the exams went well. take your time and hope you dont get IP Banned doing it 🙂

@ZackM also said its possible and so may be one of you have it working before biggies this year. Bad Boys itself broke out way higher than optimistic prediction and hopefully there are many more. 

Do we know when Birds of Prey tickets go on sale?

46 minutes ago, Nova said:

@keysersoze123 do you have any data on the movies opening this weekend? Was just wondering how The Turning and The Gentlemen are looking especially with BB3 breaking out big time. 

I have not looked so far. I doubt these movies will have huge PS this early. most of the action will happen wed/thu. 

Since you asked I will take a look and revert back. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I have not looked so far. I doubt these movies will have huge PS this early. most of the action will happen wed/thu. 

Since you asked I will take a look and revert back. 

Thank you! Don’t feel like you have to look at them since like you said presales probably won’t have much action for those movies until later in the week :) 

6 hours ago, Nova said:

@keysersoze123 do you have any data on the movies opening this weekend? Was just wondering how The Turning and The Gentlemen are looking especially with BB3 breaking out big time. 

Turning Previews

MTC1 - overall 249 shows 962/34030 12629.85 1/20 3PM
MTC2 - overall 447 shows 428/61480 4652.00 1/20 3PM

Gentleman Previews
MTC1 - overall 268 shows 2656/38861 36276.47 
MTC2 - overall 386 shows 824/53646 9329.00

As I said nothing much to its PS though Gentleman looks like having bigger previews. I will revisit on wednesday to see if either one looks like breaking out. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

The Gentlemen Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report T-3 and Counting

Sellouts Showings Seats Sold Total Seats Perct Sold
TOTALS 0 12 27 2,686 1.01%

Comp

0.227x of Angel Has Fallen (340K)

0.172x of Ad Astra (258K)

0.187x of Rambo (244K)

0.273x of Doctor Sleep (409K)

0.730x of Midway (675K)

0.214x of Ford v Ferrari (450K)