grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Coco is splitting IMAX with JL at all but one theater in Orlando this weekend :jeb!: 

I’m kind of surprised it got IMAX but then again recently some PLFs in my area it shares it with JL now.

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Coco is splitting IMAX with JL at all but one theater in Orlando this weekend :jeb!: 

It's opening at IMAX theaters here too. I imagine the underwhelming numbers by Justice League is causing them to book it until Star Wars opens in two weeks.

13 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's opening at IMAX theaters here too. I imagine the underwhelming numbers by Justice League is causing them to book it until Star Wars opens in two weeks.

Yep. IMAX confirmed it

We just got tracking on the board for Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle. The Sony release, starring Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart, Jack Black and Karen Gillan and due for release on Dec. 20 of this year, is aiming for a Wed-Sun Christmas season debut of around $30 million. That’s not a huge figure, but we all know that well-received Christmas releases can be leggy as all hell.

Via Forbes

Edited by YourMother

2 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Hollywood Reporter says 60 mill for those same days, though, which is huge. 

Also they say:

Pitch Perfect 3: $30M over 4 days

The Greatest Showman: $21M over 6 days

All the Money in the World: $6M over 4 days (though it'll likely go up in the weeks ahead now since they can begin promoting it again after the Spacey mess)

Nothing for Downsizing or Father Figures.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Also they say:

Pitch Perfect 3: $30M over 4 days

The Greatest Showman: $21M over 6 days

All the Money in the World: $6M over 4 days (though it'll likely go up in the weeks ahead now since they can begin promoting it again after the Spacey mess)

Nothing for Downsizing or Father Figures.

apparently last time 25dec was a monday was 2006.

Legs for the 3 days / 4 days of movies opening that thursday:

night at the musuem: 8.24 / 5.9

Rocky: 5.77 / 4.12

Good shepard: 6.04 / 4.22

We are marshall : 7.08 / 5.03

Average: 6.78 / 4.81

Thank you to the best fans in the universe for making Marvel Studios' "@Avengers: #InfinityWar" the most viewed trailer of all time with 230 million views in 24 hours! 👏

No Doubt buzz is huge 
Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 5
  • Astonished 2

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

Thank you to the best fans in the universe for making Marvel Studios' "@Avengers: #InfinityWar" the most viewed trailer of all time with 230 million views in 24 hours! 👏

See ya later IT

2 hours ago, Barnack said:

What percentage of a movie total box office run like Atomic Blonde pre-buy their ticket in advance ?

I would think less than 4%.

It used to be that super-frontloaded movies like Twilight and Harry Potter would make 15-20% of their opening weekend in presales according to Fandango. For normal adult-skewing movie like Atomic Blonde the number must be around 5% but that was back then. MY guess is that presales account for 2-3% of the total for a movie like AB these days.

2 minutes ago, BXT said:

It used to be that super-frontloaded movies like Twilight and Harry Potter would make 15-20% of their opening weekend in presales according to Fandango. For normal adult-skewing movie like Atomic Blonde the number must be around 5% but that was back then. MY guess is that presales account for 2-3% of the total for a movie like AB these days.

So 6% to 10% of their total sales for Twilight / Potter total run were advanced sales ? If so yeah probably 2% of less for a movie like AB.