grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Fox must really want it to pass $30M. Maybe the Disney sale will go better if it does. :lol:

Too bad the movie was such a snooze, despite good performances (as usual) from both actors.

Saw it last Friday. It was in fact quite boring. The premise and the actors were good, so it is shame it didn't end up better.

Just a Star Wars 8 opening preview night update...

My local Cinemark 12 (the one with now 14 showings for 7pm or later - 7 screens on the Thursday) has FULLY SOLD OUT 9 showings - 6 of the early showing and 3 of the late showing...not a single seat left for anyone...keeping the presale showings down for the rest of the weekend (and maybe limiting screens) is helping to sell every last seat for these!

EDIT: It only has 14 showings total for Friday as of now (3 screens)...10 of these are also full sellouts at this moment...

EDIT Take 2: So did Cinemark's morning announcement of a monthly plan sell all these tickets, b/c my other local does not have full sell outs for any showing yet (and it is showing less).  Didn't think that plan would be popular, but I know these showings weren't sold out on Sunday...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 2

This Cinemark deal is showing the new max price for 2d shows is $9...the speed at which the Cinemark shows are getting bought out at my local to full sellouts continues to be astonishing.  The fact you can buy and cancel the Cinemark plan at any time means some folks may be trading in other prebought tickets, booking this plan, and grabbing these tickets now, at least for this month (since I don't think presales have gone up this rapidly recently)...

Full sellouts - ZERO seats left 

Thurs preview 9 of 10 2d (only 11:15pm left), 1 of 4 3d, 0 of 1 fan event (so now, I guess it has 8 screens for the night) 

Friday 9 of 9 2d, 1 of 5 3d

Saturday 7 of 8 2d, 0 of 4 3d

Sunday 6 of 9 3d, 0 of 5 3d 

Compared to my other Regal local (which has less showings even though it normally sells "blockbuster" movies better)...

Thurs 0 sellouts (10 showings - 4 3d, 3 2d, 2 fan event, and 1 double) - this is an increase of showings since last check, but only slightly

Friday 0 sellouts (8 showings - 6 3d, 2 2d - this will increase for 2d)

Saturday 1 sellout (9 showings - 6 3d, 3 2d - one 2d has sold out)

Sunday 0 sellouts (8 showings - 6 3d, 2 2d)

I mean, here's the effect of the plan for this month...a theater which bonkers sells Star Wars and supers has 1 sellout...and a theater where they normally struggle has 33 sellouts...

Edited by TwoMisfits

On 11/27/2017 at 11:00 PM, CoolEric258 said:

Ferdinand 16 1065 1.50%
Star Wars 3208 4330 74.09%
Greatest Showman 4 1562 0.26%
Fifty Shades 43 1921 2.24%

Just about 60% or so of Star Wars showtimes are sold out. Great, if expected, sign.

Ferdinand 40 1065 3.76%
Star Wars 3491 4503 77.53%
Jumanji 57 1846 3.09%
Greatest Showman 6 1562 0.38%

After two weeks, the overall traction is...fine, I guess. Jumanji though is at a pretty decent start. (BTW, I'm looking at showtimes for that movie from Wednesday to Monday)

• Like 2

Stars Wars is a monster

Pitch Perfect 3 is solid and tickets should pick up the closer to the release date. 

Weirdly, Greatest Showman and Jumanji are not getting preview screenings at my theater :unsure:

Stars Wars: Last Jedi 2,002 2,710 73.9%
Ferdinad 6 234 2.6%
Pitch Perfect 3 42 234 17.9%
  • Like 4

And 2nd local Regal is up:)...

NEW

Disaster Artist (1)

Just Getting Started (1)

Returning

Coco (1.5 - lost a 1/2 screen and all 3d - now 6 showings - weird schedule with ZERO 6-7pm shows - all shows 4pm and before and then one random 10pm showing - one screen is an obvious split with JL)

JL (1.5 - lost a 1/2 screen equivalent and all 3d - it also has 6 showings - it takes the late shows on the split screen - this is probably how Christmas will go here - they are setting up a long-term split with Coco and JL)

The Star (1 - back to regular - has normal schedule)

Wonder (1)

DH2 (almost 1 - but it lost a 6-7pm show)

MOE (1)

3 Billboards (1)

Lady Bird (1)

Thor (1)

So, two random 7pm showings are unaccounted for...guess they are planning to allocate as needed - the 7pms may go to Disaster Artist if it sells well...

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

$5 any tickets are the Atom T-Mobile deal today - watch Atom-selling theaters have huge presale jumps today...

That’s for next Tuesday. T-Mobile has no movie deal this week. Atom does have a BOGO free deal for Ferdinand. 

• Like 1