Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

Armond White's WW review is baaad, even for him.

In all film history, Leni Riefenstahl and Kathryn Bigelow remain the only women to exhibit proficiency at kinetic filmmaking.

Oof.

2 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Armond White's WW review is baaad, even for him.

Oof.

this is the guy that gave Get Out a negative review right and attacked John Ridley right? 

13 hours ago, PPZVGOS said:

And that would be an outright triumph for WB and the DCEU. I am still puzzled as to why so many on this forum expected WW to break out a la Deadpool or perform like more popular and/or established superhero titles such as MoS, Batman, Iron Man & Spiderman - let alone the team-up movies - 

Wonder Woman seems likely to open in the range of the original Iron Man (which came out almost a decade ago) Cap 2, the original GOTG and at least $10M ahead of Logan. 

In my view, this should be considered as perfectly successful since Wonder Woman (as iconic as she may be) has: a) never enjoyed the universal recognition of superheroes such as Batman, Superman and Spider-Man. 2) This movie doesn't in any way push the boundaries in terms of special effects, action set-pieces and spectacle in general, to be frank, the set-pieces in this one seem absolutely generic. Movies like the first Spider-Man, Iron Man or The Avengers did in fact push the limits of special effects and set-pieces for the time of their respective releases. People tend to forget the extreme importance that spectacle plays in determining the success for these types of movies. c) Wonder Woman also takes no real risks and has little novelty factor. Whereas films such as GOTG, Deadpool and Logan genuinely attempted and delivered on something quite different for the SH-genre, this one is quite conservative (not implying that it's not a good film, just noting that it's not original in any significant way) other than the "female-lead-angle" 

My initial predictions for Wonder Woman compared it to Doctor Strange. The astonishingly positive critical reaction (which I should have expected) will push this one a bit further than that. 

I do think 95+ is great, I just had a BO club and my summer game predictions at over 100m. Which call me crazy, but I still think it will eek past it.

Edited by Kalo

1 hour ago, Brainiac5 said:

Yes but we have no ideal where the starting point is at this point.

We have nothing of the film only "It's Black history month"

"it's part of the MCU"

As of now the film has no hype so how could we even say 100mil opening?

I don't know about you but everyone I know (&I know a lot of people) goes to the movies.Its really absurd and a shame that many of you believe Blacks don't go to the movies on the regular basis.

Hidden figures and Get out are not comparisons to BP as its Budget will be more than those two films combined and then some and then some and then some.

Both of you are wildly pulling "data" out of the air that is completely made up.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Brainiac5 said:

Yeah but Deadpool had a different aspect as far as Draw.

It was good Marketing and the fact that they made it such a love story for V-Day (Brilliant).

We don't even know how the concept of BP is gonna play to the GA as it has been proven CW was Fanboy driven so all of its positives actually can't be taking seriously.

I have heard nothing of BP outside of the CB community.

Im African-American and not one person I know who saw CW even said a word about BP or even curious as to a film coming out.

All the talks were mostly about Spider-Man.

I am a black person and all my black friends been talking about, sharing and liking Facebook post about the cast and the Black Panther movie. 

6 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Wonder Woman's legs:

18ae008a0cdd2d3007fc5ad6afc33d8a.jpg

Guardians of the Galaxy 2's legs:

Zoe%20Saldana%20legs%20in%20short%20dres

Kong's legs:

a379e4bc65981eb1a22cd8ef5fa3f542.jpg

Beauty and the Beast's legs:

ceb6ae681c7e694acfe100e7366aa774.jpg

Alien: Covenant's legs:

prometheusX_screencap3+elizabeth+shaw+no

Baywatch's legs:

25-zac-efron-fall.w1200.h630.jpg

Pirates of the Caribbean 5's legs:

pirates-of-the-caribbean-00_01_53_22-sti

Nice, this is now my most liked post ever

Black Panther is going to be huge.  Yes, it is going to have more support from the African-American audience than a normal movie would.  It has a fantastic release date and is likely to be quality given the director has a very good track record so far and is loaded with good actors.  

• Like 8

I forgot to mention, it is going to be a semi-self contained story that more people than usual can go into cold or see a single movie to figure out most of what is going on.  That will help it as well.  

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Black Panther is going to be huge.  Yes, it is going to have more support from the African-American audience than a normal movie would.  It has a fantastic release date and is likely to be quality given the director has a very good track record so far and is loaded with good actors.  

O/U $300M domestic?

the cast of Black Panther is INSANE. a shame most of them are probably getting wasted in that Marvel supporting characters type of way. just hope coogler set up a great villain for his buddy jordan.

• Like 1