Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

Just now, ACSlater said:

Horrible horrible movie. I demanded my money back from the theater and didn't leave until they gave it to me. And yes I created a scene.

lol you could see the worst movie ever produced and this would still be a douchebag move.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Cookson said:

Whoever said it is right, Harley Quinn is much more popular than Wonder Woman. I'm not comparing BO numbers... Just that that's the way it is. People like a hot psycho bad girl more... WB should be pushing that Quinn movie.

Harley had the Joker helping sell Suicide Squad to the public. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

HQ is, is it even debatable?

After Batman: The Animated Series, the Arkham game series, Suicide Squad and her current comics run

... no it's really not. 

Wonder Woman was in the better movie, but it's been a long time since she had been relevant outside of 'icon' status.  If she was THAT popular shows and movies wouldn't have been cancelled several times since the 70's show.

This film will do a lot to change things, but for better or worse, Harley is queen right now to many younger fans.

• Like 1

Scott Pilgrim was my worst box office call of all time. I remember I had a terrible doomed to fail Scott Pilgrim over Expendables thread back on BOM. ?

Although lets see see if this really does 33M. Maybe WW can be my second worst call ever.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mredman said:

i say the same thing. why in the hell would deadline update their numbers from before if those were in fact the more accurate ones.

Deadline most likely went ahead and used the earlier numbers from the other trades, while Gitesh is the one that's actually the most updated.

• Like 1

Just now, Iron Raf said:

Deadline most likely went ahead and used the earlier numbers from the other trades, while Gitesh is the one that's actually the most updated.

There's no "most likely" about any of this. Either one could be making a better projection and we just don't know at this point. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

He's gotten 3 nominations: Black Pearl, Neverland, and Sweeney Todd.

Okay so he was nominated for Neverland. I remember the movie was critically praised but didn't know he was actually in the runnings and didn't remember Sweeney Todd either. That makes sense.

2 minutes ago, Cookson said:

Whoever said it is right, Harley Quinn is much more popular than Wonder Woman. I'm not comparing BO numbers... Just that that's the way it is. People like a hot psycho bad girl more... WB should be pushing that Quinn movie.

And I weep for humanity.

Surely there must be a market for female superbeings and comic book babes that are not murderous, unstable psychos. Just like there is room for Wolverine, Deadpool, and Superman, should there not be enough of a market for both Harley and Wonder Woman? :(

1 minute ago, Tele Came Back said:

There's no "most likely" about any of this. Either one could be making a better projection and we just don't know at this point. 

RTH knows but of course he's forgotten about us in our time of need. I'm starting to think God doesn't exist after all. Why would god make us suffer like this

• Like 1

1 minute ago, somebody85 said:

Hollywood Reporter and Variety were reporting 225-230 for AOU at around 7-8 that evening.

Also announced BvS at $180m.  Even when they said it could also do $165m they put $180m in the headline.    They like their big numbers

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/batman-v-superman-box-office-180-million-1201739586/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ohana said:

As a DCEU fan i'm starting to *wonder* what I'd rather have: Critical acclaim or a huge box office gross

Right now it seems DC fans can only get one of these 2 options :ph34r:

Even "if" WW doesn't open huge that doesn't say anything about it's legs going forward.