kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

18 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

I've made peace with Valentine's 2021

I would have no issue with this tbh. I want to see this in theatres and I don’t think I’ll  be going to a theatre this year. 

Edited by cax16

Zack Snyder is always right

Clearly, you and Patty Jenkins like working with one another since you’ve made two Wonder Woman films and I Am the Night together. Do you remember the moment where you first hit it off with each other?

It’s funny because it was Zack Snyder who was the one who kept saying to Patty, “I really think you should meet with Connie Nielsen. I really think she’s right for this role.” Patty was like, “Oh, no, she’s this tough girl, and I’m not looking for a tough woman for this.” Zack then said, “I really don’t think so. I think you should meet with her.” So, Patty said, “Okay, I’ll meet with her,” and I had to fly to London just before Christmas.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/connie-nielsen-inheritance-wonder-woman-1984-hopes-1296039?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Then Black Widow moves to Feb which only makes it worse for WW 1984.

Cannibalizing each other's films will be the norm for studios for the next couple of years.  They will just deal with it.  They all want everyone to go see everyone's movies, or the business will die.  They'll all root for each other, and they will all, like Wonder Woman, be willing to sacrifice to make things right.  😉

10 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Then Black Widow moves to Feb which only makes it worse for WW 1984.

If WW84 were to open in December, BW going for Feb would in no way be terrible for WW due to holiday legs. But that's all assuming there can be some semblance of normal back to cinemas. If social distancing is still in full swing and they're playing 25% capacity, then a crowded Chrstimas schedule is terrible because no single movie can command enough screens to make up for reduced seating. 

12 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Lol, Absolutely not. 

I don't mean necessarily sacrificing release dates, but rather they will all realize that in this new even more uncertain environment, certain releases will succeed, certain will fail, they can't necessarily blame each other, and hopefully they will all come out of it surviving...

8 minutes ago, belblazer said:

did WB offered JL to her after they fired Snyder? I remember she saying something like this at the time.

I’d imagine that she would’ve perhaps been their backup choice if Joss Whedon didn’t come on board. 

Joss Whedon was already hired to replace Snyder before WW came out. Would WB have really asked Patty to take over the first JL movie without waiting to see if WW was successful? My guess is she was asked back in 2017 or 2018 to do a future JL movie. 

Edited by meridan

2 minutes ago, meridan said:

Joss Whedon was already hired to replace Snyder before WW came out. Would WB have really asked Patty to take over the first JL movie without waiting to see if WW was successful? My guess is she was asked back in 2017 or 2018 to do a future JL movie. 

If they were desperate to get the movie out by 2017 (which apparently was the case), then I wouldn’t have been surprised if they had done that.