kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

12 minutes ago, xiazhi said:

I wouldn't say 2.2m views in 6 hours translates to "hypes is pretty high". 100-120m seems right based on the internet. 

WW appeals to an older audience than most CBMs. The OW of the first was a whopping 68% (!!) over 25. So it's not going to perform as well in online metrics.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, xiazhi said:

I wouldn't say 2.2m views in 6 hours translates to "hypes is pretty high". 100-120m seems right based on the internet. 

Not that I’ve checked views but since you mentioned it I just looked and it’s over 2.5m on YouTube and 3.4m on twitter, and you’re welcome to think whatever you like with regards to hype. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Not that I’ve checked views but since you mentioned it I just looked and it’s over 2.5m on YouTube and 3.4m on twitter, and you’re welcome to think whatever you like with regards to hype. 

I don't know what you are suggesting. Yes it was 2.2m 23 minutes ago and 2.5m now on Youtube. And you’re welcome to think whatever you like with regards to hype.

GoTG: 3.53x IMDb 8.0

GoTG 2: 2.66x IMDb 7.6

Deadpool: 2.74x (from Holiday inflated Sunday. Normal weekend would have gone for 3.05x) IMDb 8.0

Deadpool 2: 2.54x IMDb 7.7

Wonder Woman: 4x

I think legs of Wonder Woman will be around 2.7-3x. Depending on $130mn start, perhaps $350-390mn. 

• ...wtf 1

4 hours ago, xiazhi said:

I don't know what you are suggesting. Yes it was 2.2m 23 minutes ago and 2.5m now on Youtube. And you’re welcome to think whatever you like with regards to hype.

Trailer views or likes a lot of times don't match BO, even in  similar genre.

Examples...

Aquaman most viewed trailer = 60m views and 655k likes (first trailer, which is already 1 year and 5 months old), Aquaman's second most viewed trailer has  19m views , Aquaman two trailers with most views combined = 79m views (and people here said this movie has no hype in 2018:lol:).

Spider man-Far From home trailer with most views = 78m views and 1.8 million likes (in 7 months only), FFH second most viewed trailer 48m views, FFH two trailers with most views combined = 126m.

If trailer views were a great indicator Far From home would easily beat Aquaman, but in the end who did the most? 

Doctor Strange trailers have more views than Wonder Woman (2017) and Guardians of the Galaxy movies trailers, but Wonder Woman and Guardians of the Galaxy did more at BO.

Edited by Marcos12

You can add a few millions here and there on Twitter or Facebook... and then what? It is hard to compare to anything.

It is much easier to use YouTube numbers only; but wait 24 hours because YT is always lagging - and check that some unofficial channels are not "stealing" too many views (it doesn't seem to be the case for WW84).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

You can add a few millions here and there on Twitter or Facebook... and then what? It is hard to compare to anything.

It is much easier to use YouTube numbers only; but wait 24 hours because YT is always lagging - and check that some unofficial channels are not "stealing" too many views (it doesn't seem to be the case for WW84).

True, but still not a great indicator, Shazam's first trailer on YT has much more views than any Wonder Woman (2017) YT trailers and Shazam trailer 2 has similar numbers to Wonder Woman (2017)  trailers, but the numbers on the BO weren't similar.

Edited by Marcos12