aabattery

A Simple Favor | Sep 21 2018 | Paul Feig thriller with Anna Kendrick and Blake Lively

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

I mean I totally get the thirsting over Henry Golding. I have gotten it ever since I watched CRA so I am not surprised one bit 

:sparta:

A part of me feels like this movie is being released in the spot it is in for when folks start getting Henry Golding withdrawal syndrome 

Does he have anything lined up after these two movies? Aside from the Crazy Rich Asians sequel that will be greenlit by Monday, obviously.

18 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Does he have anything lined up after these two movies? Aside from the Crazy Rich Asians sequel that will be greenlit by Monday, obviously.

He has an indie film coming out later this year. Not sure he has any other films in development but I wouldn’t be shocked if he has offers coming at him. He has a presence on the big screen. I’m actually excited to see how he is in this movie compared to CRA since they’re two different types of roles. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, filmlover said:

A couple of people in Stan Twitter want him as James Bond, so in case Idris Elba's a little too old for the job...

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

58 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Haven't the read the book but from how vague the marketing has been for the most part I'm guessing there's some big twists they're trying to hide.

There are a ton of twists in the book. Depending on the individual, they either like the twists or they don't. I know a user on here said it was the worst book they've ever read, but having read the book, I actually enjoyed it quite a bit especially since anytime I thought I knew exactly what was going to happen, another curve ball was thrown my way. 

Some people like that. Some people think that's stupid. Of course I don't know if the twists and stuff will cross over directly into the film or not or if they decide to change somethings up. 

I'll leave it at that since the marketing for the film has done a great job of literally revealing nothing. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TombRaider said:

I think it's gonna flop. the target for this kind of movie prefers basic 'what you see is what you get' movies and this doesnt seem like one of those

Besides Tomb Raider, have you ever had a positive out look for any movie or is every movie going to be a flop to you? Same thing goes with actors/actresses. Seems like every actor/actress working in Hollywood today is terrible/can't act according to you. Just an observation I have made based on your posts in other threads for other films. 

I am just interested in why you feel that way (about the actors/actresses) or like if you have any films that have yet to be released that you see being successful. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nova said:

Besides Tomb Raider, have you ever had a positive out look for any movie or is every movie going to be a flop to you? Same thing goes with actors/actresses. Seems like every actor/actress working in Hollywood today is terrible/can't act according to you. Just an observation I have made based on your posts in other threads for other films. 

I am just interested in why you feel that way (about the actors/actresses) or like if you have any films that have yet to be released that you see being successful.  

I guess im pessimistic, i see any upcoming marvel films being succesful LOL.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Viktor Vilotijevic said:

I want to see this, but I have a feeling it's going to get 20-30% approval rating on RT, which will affect the box office. I'm still predicting 35-40 million $ total.

The director has had a decent track record with critics recently. Anything is possible but I'd bet on mixed 50-55% at worst based on his recent track record. 

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

I mean, I'm sure this will be good, and will attract an audience... but I disagree about the marketing. I think it's going to struggle on OW. Confusing marketing rarely leads to a good OW.

Early tracking has it pegged at a $12-15M opening, the high end of which would be really good.

https://variety.com/2018/film/box-office/predator-box-office-shane-black-reboot-opening-tracking-1202915431/

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

I mean, I'm sure this will be good, and will attract an audience... but I disagree about the marketing. I think it's going to struggle on OW. Confusing marketing rarely leads to a good OW.

I am not sure what exactly is confusing about the marketing. The trailer makes it clear it's a thriller and is about someone who goes missing. Then there are the posters which are just designed in interesting ways. 

It's not like the movie is being marketed as a thriller and is actually a comedy or vice versa. Or that it's being marketed as a horror movie but it's not. 

But I don't know. Maybe it's because I have read the book so to me the marketing has been really good in selling what the film is about without actually giving away anything. 

Edited by Nova