MikeQ

Wednesday Numbers (June 21) -- Transformers: $15.66M; Wonder Woman: $3.85M; Cars 3: 4.34M

2 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Passengers is such a frustrating movie. It's a lot better than some of the critics gave it credit for, but even aside from my problems with the ending...the energy of the first two acts felt like they were only scraping the surface of what they COULD have achieved. 

Brilliant score and performance from Lawrence, though. 

I'm so with you on this. I watched it twice within 2 days because it drew me in with its premise. But the last act could not compare to the first. I still thinks its a great movie though and pratt and lawrence have such good presence on screen. 

I only chuckled once. There is one good joke that has a solid build up and execution, and that was with Bumblebee getting a SIRI voice box. The effects are great but then again you can polish a turd can still call it a turd.

I’m scratching the bottom of the barrel here because this shit has pissed me OFF FOR THE LAST DAMN TIME!

I was avoiding this film all week because I had better shit to watch on days I could’ve seen this for free. On Monday, I saw War For the Planet of the Apes, and on Tuesday, I saw The Beguiled. BUT WEDNESDAY I PAID TO SEE THIS. The only reason I did this was because I had a 3-hour break from work and reviewing this was inevitable. 

Several weeks prior to the movie’s release, a rumor came out regarding the film’s running time to be over three hours. Bay immediately came out saying that this is the shortest Transformers film he’s ever done. Though Michael Bay claimed this to be his shortest Transformers movie, this movie feels like an eternity to sit through.

Does Hollywood not have any more good editors for their blockbusters anymore? It's as if every week with the newest summer film I’m going, “This is the worst edited film I've seen all year. No no no, THIS is the worst edited film I've seen all year.” It feels like every blockbuster’s post production team has tested me recently, but this pushed me so far that I want to sincerely apologize to Suicide Squad which I considered being one of the worst edited summer blockbusters I've ever seen. Sorry Suicide Squad, Michael Bay has you beat. The film also steals the fucking title cards style from Suicide Squad to introduce Megatron and his crew. The only difference is that it means absolutely nothing to the story especially when that entire crew is killed RIGHT SHORTLY AFTER THEY WERE INTRODUCED! They utilize it just to sell more merchandise to little boys. 

It is a privilege when an action sequence changes its aspect ratio from full screen to widescreen, When a film does that, you know that specific moments are the magnum opus of the move in regards to action or to enhance the visual experience to take you to a new world. Life of Pi, OZ: The Great & Powerful, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, Enchanted, and The Penguins of Madagascar are some films to name a few that showcased how much effort was put behind the movie in both filmmaking and effects. The way the aspect ratio is utilized together in this is as if a kid with ADD constantly flickered the on and off switch. NOTHING CAN BE HAPPENING, but Bay still goes from shooting from a regular digital camera to an IMAX camera in 10 seconds or less. You can barely get a shot that has a duration of over two minutes before he switches over to that digital widescreen camera. He just does it so willy-nilly that you begin to get an aneurysm from it. 

This shit goes from a fine line of being a movie to becoming an endurance test. There is a scene where Sir Anthony Hopkins is in a car with his robotic butler. When you see that robot crash its car onto another, he happily says, “MOVE BITCH GET OUT THE WAY!” 

Yeah, I walked out. I never walk out of movies, but today I did. I went and asked the guy at guest services for my money back (while having 1 Hr & 30 minutes left on my break) and apologetically told me he was unable to do so. SO I WENT BACK IN TO FINISH THE DUMPSTER FIRE I PAID TO SEE!

Remember that South Park episode where the boys found George Lucas raping Indiana Jones? Well, the past ten years Michael Bay has been raping Transformers, and nobody is batting a fucking eye except critics. I gave this franchise the benefit of the doubt in 2007, in 2009, in 2011, and in 2014. Well, I am going to say what I was afraid to say in all those years especially in 2014 when I sat in the same room as Michael Bay. Fuck Michael Bay and fuck these movies. As I get older and grow wiser and smarter, these Transformers movies just seem to get dumb and dumber. Some franchises got their shit together by their fifth entry such as Fast & Furious, but this goes the Ice Age route and gives less of a damn about its audience.

FULL REVIEW HERE:

https://rendyreviews.com/movies//transformers-the-last-knight-review

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, rjones1325 said:

I only chuckled once. There is one good joke that has a solid build up and execution, and that was with Bumblebee getting a SIRI voice box. The effects are great but then again you can polish a turd can still call it a turd.

I’m scratching the bottom of the barrel here because this shit has pissed me OFF FOR THE LAST DAMN TIME!

I was avoiding this film all week because I had better shit to watch on days I could’ve seen this for free. On Monday, I saw War For the Planet of the Apes, and on Tuesday, I saw The Beguiled. BUT WEDNESDAY I PAID TO SEE THIS. The only reason I did this was because I had a 3-hour break from work and reviewing this was inevitable. 

Several weeks prior to the movie’s release, a rumor came out regarding the film’s running time to be over three hours. Bay immediately came out saying that this is the shortest Transformers film he’s ever done. Though Michael Bay claimed this to be his shortest Transformers movie, this movie feels like an eternity to sit through.

Does Hollywood not have any more good editors for their blockbusters anymore? It's as if every week with the newest summer film I’m going, “This is the worst edited film I've seen all year. No no no, THIS is the worst edited film I've seen all year.” It feels like every blockbuster’s post production team has tested me recently, but this pushed me so far that I want to sincerely apologize to Suicide Squad which I considered being one of the worst edited summer blockbusters I've ever seen. Sorry Suicide Squad, Michael Bay has you beat. The film also steals the fucking title cards style from Suicide Squad to introduce Megatron and his crew. The only difference is that it means absolutely nothing to the story especially when that entire crew is killed RIGHT SHORTLY AFTER THEY WERE INTRODUCED! They utilize it just to sell more merchandise to little boys. 

It is a privilege when an action sequence changes its aspect ratio from full screen to widescreen, When a film does that, you know that specific moments are the magnum opus of the move in regards to action or to enhance the visual experience to take you to a new world. Life of Pi, OZ: The Great & Powerful, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, Enchanted, and The Penguins of Madagascar are some films to name a few that showcased how much effort was put behind the movie in both filmmaking and effects. The way the aspect ratio is utilized together in this is as if a kid with ADD constantly flickered the on and off switch. NOTHING CAN BE HAPPENING, but Bay still goes from shooting from a regular digital camera to an IMAX camera in 10 seconds or less. You can barely get a shot that has a duration of over two minutes before he switches over to that digital widescreen camera. He just does it so willy-nilly that you begin to get an aneurysm from it. 

This shit goes from a fine line of being a movie to becoming an endurance test. There is a scene where Sir Anthony Hopkins is in a car with his robotic butler. When you see that robot crash its car onto another, he happily says, “MOVE BITCH GET OUT THE WAY!” 

Yeah, I walked out. I never walk out of movies, but today I did. I went and asked the guy at guest services for my money back (while having 1 Hr & 30 minutes left on my break) and apologetically told me he was unable to do so. SO I WENT BACK IN TO FINISH THE DUMPSTER FIRE I PAID TO SEE!

Remember that South Park episode where the boys found George Lucas raping Indiana Jones? Well, the past ten years Michael Bay has been raping Transformers, and nobody is batting a fucking eye except critics. I gave this franchise the benefit of the doubt in 2007, in 2009, in 2011, and in 2014. Well, I am going to say what I was afraid to say in all those years especially in 2014 when I sat in the same room as Michael Bay. Fuck Michael Bay and fuck these movies. As I get older and grow wiser and smarter, these Transformers movies just seem to get dumb and dumber. Some franchises got their shit together by their fifth entry such as Fast & Furious, but this goes the Ice Age route and gives less of a damn about its audience.

FULL REVIEW HERE:

https://rendyreviews.com/movies//transformers-the-last-knight-review

Epic rant. :rofl:

Also, how was Apes?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, rjones1325 said:

Does Hollywood not have any more good editors for their blockbusters anymore? It's as if every week with the newest summer film I’m going, “This is the worst edited film I've seen all year. No no no, THIS is the worst edited film I've seen all year.” 

Don't blame the poor editors. :( 

• Like 2

The late night numbers are not counted separately, no matter how much people want them to be. That is a bad drop. I know the numbers are early but I doubt the final numbers will change drastically. Transformers needed a good drop today.

Edited by Zakiyyah6