MikeQ

Wednesday Numbers (June 21) -- Transformers: $15.66M; Wonder Woman: $3.85M; Cars 3: 4.34M

2 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Another Transformers movie will be made, whether Paramount rushes it out on that 2019 date remains to be seen. Personally I think they need to go back to the drawing board and try to make a good movie for once. I think they tried with the first one but Michael Bay gets in the way because he is such a cynical filmmaker.

BB spin off opposed to TF6 is a good opportunity for that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, a2knet said:

BB spin off opposed to TF6 is a good opportunity for that.

Yeah I think that could be an opportunity to inject something into the formula that was never going to be injected into the main series. You know heart, decent characterisations action scenes where you can see what the heck is going on. I think you could liken it to maybe the Deadpool Series in comparison to the stagnant X-Men series.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1

Honestly now that I look at June of next year, I don't think it's the blood bath that I thought it would be. Han Solo may move (I know it's a May release but its legs depended on June), Ocean's 8 is a toss up and Bumble Bee will under perform. I actually think this opens the door for Incredibles 2, Deadpool 2 and Jurassic World 2 to have pretty good runs. I expect the latter two to decrease though (obviously) but a few weeks ago I really thought June was going to mess up the three sequels but now I think they're going to perform just fine (if they're of quality of course) 

2 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Yeah I think that could be an opportunity to inject something into the formula that was never going to be injected into the main series. You know heart, decent characterisations action scenes where you can see what the heck is going on. I think you could liken it to maybe the Deadpool Series in comparison to the stagnant X-Men series.

I don't think you can be anywhere near as flexible with Transformers as you can with Logan or Deadpool. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I don't think you can be anywhere near as flexible with Transformers as you can with Logan or Deadpool. 

I don't think that it has to be as flexible, just finally make a decent movie out of the idea. And yes I realize making a decent movie isn't easy.

I think if Han Solo moves, we could see Deadpool 2 move up to Memorial Day, Ocean's 8 to June 1st and Bumblebee stays put. Paramount could even move up Mission Impossible 6 to Memorial if they're quick enough and put Bumblebee in late July or August.

I wonder if WB will move Tomb Raider to May or even Rampage or Ocean's 8? Ready Player One will likely stay put but they're lacking in the summer tentpole department as Aquaman is in December.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think if Han Solo moves, we could see Deadpool 2 move up to Memorial Day, Ocean's 8 to June 1st and Bumblebee stays put. Paramount could even move up Mission Impossible 6 to Memorial if they're quick enough and put Bumblebee in late July or August.

I wonder if WB will move Tomb Raider to May or even Rampage or Ocean's 8? Ready Player One will likely stay put but they're lacking in the summer tentpole department as Aquaman is in December.

Ron Howard just came on board to finish Han Solo so it's most likely staying where it is.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Honestly if the movie that no one asked for moves that just opens the door for June to NOT be the bloodbath we all think it's going to be. 

23 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Another Transformers movie will be made, whether Paramount rushes it out on that 2019 date remains to be seen. Personally I think they need to go back to the drawing board and try to make a good movie for once. I think they tried with the first one but Michael Bay gets in the way because he is such a cynical filmmaker.

I personally think, that Transformers 1 is a great movie.
His vision earned like 4 Billion, before the franchise ran out of gas. 5 Movies in 10 years is a lot. And he certainly ran out of ideas and kept going for to long.

Still, he had the right vision for this franchise. It was all about fun and sometimes, fun can be silly. It might not be everybodies cup of tea and one day, it might be time for a darker approach of the material, but for now, I think Michael Bay did everything right. The right things at the right time. If only he would have found the exit earlier...

He did not create movies for the film elite, the critics, the gourmets. He did movies for people with the desire, to leave the real world and enter a fantastic and over the Top world.
What I don't understand is, why the so called "elite" is so offended by those movies. You know what you get. Why do you go to Mc Donalds, only to rant how horrible it is afterwards?

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

I personally think, that Transformers 1 is a great movie.
His vision earned like 4 Billion, before the franchise ran out of gas. 5 Movies in 10 years is a lot. And he certainly ran out of ideas and kept going for to long.

Still, he had the right vision for this franchise. It was all about fun and sometimes, fun can be silly. It might not be everybodies cup of tea and one day, it might be time for a darker approach of the material, but for now, I think Michael Bay did everything right. The right things at the right time. If only he would have found the exit earlier...

He did not create movies for the film elite, the critics, the gourmets. He did movies for people with the desire, to leave the real world and enter a fantastic and over the Top world.
What I don't understand is, why the so called "elite" is so offended by those movies. You know what you get. Why do you go to Mc Donalds, only to rant how horrible it is afterwards?

Transformers 1 is a fun blockbuster but I think the sequels let Bay run riot when he should have been reined in. The run times are far too long, the concept doesn't justify a 2.5 hour run time, 2 hours to 2 hours 20 minutes maybe. 

1 hour ago, Nova said:

I'm gonna keep my lips sealed for Wonder Woman's weekend because every single time folks say it can't do this or do that, it surpasses all expectations. Wouldn't be shocked if that happens again this weekend :P

When it comes to WW, you should just find the most crazy prediction. It is usually the correct one.

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Transformers 1 is a fun blockbuster but I think the sequels let Bay run riot when he should have been reined in. The run times are far too long, the concept doesn't justify a 2.5 hour run time, 2 hours to 2 hours 20 minutes maybe. 

I think the the third is pretty good as well. The 4th had some good moments but needed some judicious editing