MikeQ

Wednesday Numbers (June 21) -- Transformers: $15.66M; Wonder Woman: $3.85M; Cars 3: 4.34M

33 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

I personally think, that Transformers 1 is a great movie.
His vision earned like 4 Billion, before the franchise ran out of gas. 5 Movies in 10 years is a lot. And he certainly ran out of ideas and kept going for to long.

Still, he had the right vision for this franchise. It was all about fun and sometimes, fun can be silly. It might not be everybodies cup of tea and one day, it might be time for a darker approach of the material, but for now, I think Michael Bay did everything right. The right things at the right time. If only he would have found the exit earlier...

He did not create movies for the film elite, the critics, the gourmets. He did movies for people with the desire, to leave the real world and enter a fantastic and over the Top world.

This reads like a obituary for Michael Bay.

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, a2knet said:

I love how this poster came out the day after the Last Knight, as if to say, "Ease off on Bay, folks! Here's the REAL garbage blockbuster franchise of the decade!"

• Like 12

16 hours ago, Biggestgeekever said:

This summer and last year's have seen so many franchises and would-be franchises get completely wiped out. There's going to have to be a lot of evaluation in at least half of the big Hollywood studios about where they go from here.

Yes. New material like they used to

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

kCzYU0r.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

lucky you...i don't take back the likes i give :)

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Best case scenario for Cars off a 4.2M Thursday:

7.1M Friday (+70%)

9.6M Saturday (+35%)

7.7M Sunday (-20%)

24.4M Weekend, 55% drop

Image result for yikes gif

TF opening hurt it and next week DM3 will finish it off. Their fault for such a crappy release date

• Like 1

47 Meters has been following The Shallows pretty closely on the Monday and Wednesday holds. The Monday holds were a difference of not even 6%, and The Shallows didn't have Fathers Day. It's hard to say where it ends up this weekend, but I can't see it dropping over 50%.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

TF opening hurt it and next week DM3 will finish it off. Their fault for such a crappy release date

It's going to have two 50%+ drops in a row, which is pretty fucking impressive for a kids film.

I know it's only been a few days but Cars' holds have been nightmarishly poor. Might barely crack 150m. Would set a new low for attendance for a summer Pixar movie by about 30% (Cars 2 adjusts to 211m). 

As for TF5...

7.6m (-25% from Wed w/o previews)

13.8m (+81%)

17.6m (+28%) 

13.6m (-23%) 

45m/68.2m 

Similarly would barely crack 150m.

3 minutes ago, Gopher said:

I know it's only been a few days but Cars' holds have been nightmarishly poor. Might barely crack 150m. Would set a new low for attendance for a summer Pixar movie by about 30% (Cars 2 adjusts to 211m). 

As for TF5...

7.6m (-25% from Wed w/o previews)

13.8m (+81%)

17.6m (+28%) 

13.6m (-23%) 

45m/68.2m 

Similarly would barely crack 150m.

TF2 jumped 26% on Fri...why would this jump 81%?

I think even if does better, then it should do +35% from Thu.

Considering TF5 opened, I don't see anything wrong with -36% of Cars3 on a 1st Wed.

TF5 opening is too big a factor to ignore even if the opening is underwhelming.

I think both Thu and Fri will surprise for Cars3 but low 50s drop seems inevitable.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, a2knet said:

TF2 jumped 26% on Fri...why would this jump 81%?

I think even if does better, then it should do +35% from Thu.

TF2 opened four times bigger and its Wednesday release date was well known in advance. 

12 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

July is going to make up for a weak June. I don't see any of the wide releases bombing, and Baby Driver is going to have insane legs carrying over from June.

Valerian is gonna make like John Carter numbers max (and that's being optimistic) against a $200M+ budget so yes, it'll have at least one bomb.

• Like 1