grim22

June 23-25 Weekend Thread | TF5 45M, Cars 3 24.0, Wonder Woman 24.9 (10th highest 4th weekend of all time and biggest 4th weekend of 2017)

I want to give a shout out to @CJohn....he made two pretty remarkable reads in the last few weeks.  One, he said that All Eyez would be incredibly frontloaded and even with the strong OD, it would do around 25 mill OW.  I thought he was wrong, but he was pretty close.....and all last week he said that TRF5 would be soft on the weekdays and everyone would rip into it but that it would recover pretty well on the weekend.  

Two really strong reads CJ...well done, friend.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Just a bit Off Topic:

Does anyone know where Canastop is? I haven't seen her around lately and can't find her when I google.. :(
She was such dedicated Zootopia spokeswoman. 

He literally posted today. Forget which thread.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Just a bit Off Topic:

Does anyone know where Canastop is? I haven't seen her around lately and can't find her when I google.. :(
She was such dedicated Zootopia spokeswoman. 

There's two N's in cannastop :ph34r:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Also never trust presales reports. Haven't we learned this by now?

I have DM3 at $280M. So I'm not expecting it to shit the bed but a dip.

Not Fandango presales reports.  A very kind, brave, and generous person is giving us a sneak peak at actual presales from a big theater chain.

• Like 1

From Guru

The domestic total for Wonder Woman vaulted past the triple century mark on Friday ending at $318.4M matching Iron Man from 2008. Later this week, Diana will race past Suicide Squad and Batman v Superman to become the top-grossing film from the DC Extended Universe entering the all-time Top 50 in the process. A domestic final of about $390M is possible, but $400M can't be ruled out just yet.  :sparta:

• Like 14

11 minutes ago, baumer said:

From Guru

The domestic total for Wonder Woman vaulted past the triple century mark on Friday ending at $318.4M matching Iron Man from 2008. Later this week, Diana will race past Suicide Squad and Batman v Superman to become the top-grossing film from the DC Extended Universe entering the all-time Top 50 in the process. A domestic final of about $390M is possible, but $400M can't be ruled out just yet.  :sparta:

tenor.gif

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, baumer said:

From Guru

Looks like @Telemachos hijacked Guru's twitter and posted that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Johnny Tran said:

Disney is shameless for that estimate. It's laughable. :lol:

Wonder why they care so much when it's not even the OW and they are not going to grab headlines anyway as TF is no. 1.

Reviews have been long out and wom has been spreading for 10 days.

If they care so much, should not have released so close to DM3. Next weekend nothing will be worth manipulating.

• Like 1