grim22

June 23-25 Weekend Thread | TF5 45M, Cars 3 24.0, Wonder Woman 24.9 (10th highest 4th weekend of all time and biggest 4th weekend of 2017)

1 minute ago, Mojoguy said:

These shitty Cars movies are getting sequels regardless of how well they do because of toy sales.

You mean like Frozen?

Spoiler

Just kidding.

Edited by YourMother

DM1 and CARS1 grosses were only 6m apart with DM1 leading. (But DM1 came 4 years later so Cars1 might have sold more tickets considering the gap is so small.)

But DM2 and CARS2 were 177m apart.

DM3 and CARS3 could also be 170m apart (150 vs 320).

Gaps are huge OS too.

Edited by a2knet

36 minutes ago, a2knet said:

I think it's cute how this showdown was supposed to be close once upon a time : http://www.boxofficemojo.com/showdowns/chart/?view=weekend&id=wwhgmj2.htm

Not unreasonable either. WONDR was expected to improve upon DCEU legs but still fall below 3x.

I still think it's amazing how much the Hunger Games movies dropped between Catching Fire and MJ2. What happened? I never read the books and only watched the first THG. Is that last film really bad? 

I still think it's amazing how much the Hunger Games movies dropped between Catching Fire and MJ2. What happened? I never read the books and only watched the first THG. Is that last film really bad?

No more actual Hunger Games after the second movie, and people were starting to get tired of how overhyped and overexposed JLaw was getting.

7 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Pixar doing sequels no one wanted just for the merchandise sales.

The cowboy and spaceman guys got stale pretty quickly you re right.

Edited by The Futurist

14 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Is there any reason that Disney thinks that cars is going to drop 10% from Saturday to Sunday? 

It did have a super low 22% saturday increase even thought it is the only kids movie in the top five, so it doesn't have much to drop.

2 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Just a bit Off Topic:

Does anyone know where Canastop is? I haven't seen her around lately and can't find her when I google.. :(
She was such dedicated Zootopia spokeswoman. 

I'm a guy, and I'm still here.

Maybe the avatar change threw you off. :P

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

Mojoguy is kind of having a WrathofHan/CJohn-type meltdown about Cars 3 right now. :D 

I have a bad feeling that if Ninjago does $25M OW you may witness a meltdown from YourMother.

27 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

If Cars is really number two I will be absolutely stunned because that means that the movie had a 10% drop from Saturday to Sunday and right now I just don't believe that.

I don't think anyone believes that.