Eric S'ennui

Wednesday Numbers: Baby Driver $5.7M, TF5 3,25M (-43%), Cars 3 2.8M, WW 2.77M

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

If BD collapses this weekend and DM3 does something like 105M+, get ready.

Lmao at you doubting the power of the [mod edit]

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

Edgar Wright is a great director but he's never going to have a huge $100-150m grosser. Baby Driver will likely be his biggest hit since Hot Fuzz. 

I think he could if he ever do a hired studio movie project (ant-man would have made 100m+)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Barnack said:

I think he could if he ever do a hired studio movie project (ant-man would have made 100m+)

I wonder if Wright would consider something like that considering his experience on Ant-Man, he was on the shortlist for Ready Player One before they hired Spielberg.

3 minutes ago, Barnack said:

I highly doubt an antman movie would have opened to 100m+ in 2015 even with Edgar Wright when even WW managed to just pass it in 2017

1 minute ago, LonePirate said:

This talk of Edgar Wright having enough fans to impact the box office of Baby Driver in any perceptible way is amusing. Laughable might be a better description, though.

Not laughable at all. Look at the past couple of his films. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

Not OW, final gross. Today you are making such mistakes. :D

Ah my bad lol. I was confused when he said antman would have made 100m coz I though antman made nearly 200m already so he was talking about OW. 

Animation sequels this year,

Lego Bat 3.32x (175.75/53....not exactly a sequel but somewhat)

Smurfs3 3.38x (44.7/13.2.....not exactly a sequel but somewhat)

Cars3 2.8x (~150/53.7)

DM3's Sunday will be stronger than normal due to holiday weekend in Canada it seems (haven't looked at past data) inflating the ow (apart from solid Thu previews),

so "only" 3.1x from DM3 won't surprise me considering it's gonna put very big numbers upfront. 3.1x itself gives it a very good shot at 300+.

EDIT: forgot to mention.....lol at Cars3. Shrek3 did an atrocious 2.6x+ but apart from that can't remember a 100+ grossing animation doing worse than Cars3 legs wise. Cars2 and Minions are 2.9x.

Edited by a2knet

1 hour ago, titanic2187 said:

TOMATOMETER 60%

Average Rating: 5.6/10
Reviews Counted: 53
Fresh: 32
Rotten: 21

DM3 score is about drop to rotten range, but I doubt there would be any change to our expectation on OW figure

Nah but it probably does mean shorter legs. 

3 hours ago, meriodejaneiro said:

Don't expect too much from Japan on WW ... $10-15M at best. 

I'm not.  I just posted what Guru said on twitter. 

57 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I wonder if Wright would consider something like that considering his experience on Ant-Man, he was on the shortlist for Ready Player One before they hired Spielberg.

When you read the Sony e-mails of them talking about green-lighting this movie, it is in exchange of Wright doing a couple of movie for them.