tawasal

Weekend estimates from ERC.com/fb

As per BOM:

One bright spot is that the budget for Spirit of Vengeance was just $57 million, or around half of the first movie's $110 million budget (our trusted source at Sony originally reported Ghost Rider 2's budget at $75 million, but said he accidently switched the numbers and sent along the revised figure on Sunday). Regardless, Ghost Rider is an established brand and the movie had a robust marketing effort, so it really should have opened much higher than $22 million.

As per BOM:

One bright spot is that the budget for Spirit of Vengeance was just $57 million, or around half of the first movie's $110 million budget (our trusted source at Sony originally reported Ghost Rider 2's budget at $75 million, but said he accidently switched the numbers and sent along the revised figure on Sunday). Regardless, Ghost Rider is an established brand and the movie had a robust marketing effort, so it really should have opened much higher than $22 million.

OMG :lol:

BOM = The ultimate plant

• Like 1

I don't see why BOM would be trying to cover for Ghost Rider when other sites are reporting the same budget and they've been Pretty negative to the movie in most articles

Agree. BOM is pretty reliable with numbers. This is a pretty weak opening for GR2 regardless of the budget. There is really no excuse for finishing behind The Vow and Safe House in their second weekend. Edited by TLK

Agree. BOM is pretty reliable with numbers. This is a pretty weak opening for GR2 regardless of the budget. There is really no excuse for finishing behind The Vow and Safe House in their second weekend.

+1

I would venture further and say there was no excuse for making a Ghost Rider 2, let alone making a Ghost Rider 2 five years after the first one.

Exactly. Of course there's an excuse for this opening far, far, far below the first.

At least the GR2 supporters, yes there were a few of them, have been silenced. No one wanted this movie.Re: BOM I can't believe they got on board that train. Sure, you mistyped a budget and once estimates are out revise it. Take that shit back where it came from.

At least the GR2 supporters, yes there were a few of them, have been silenced. No one wanted this movie.

Re: BOM I can't believe they got on board that train. Sure, you mistyped a budget and once estimates are out revise it. Take that shit back where it came from.

It certainly seems like bullshit to me.