CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

That means the film made 30% of its opening day via previews, which is right in the happy zone for an MCU movie. For example, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 earned 30% of its $56m Friday via a $17m Thursday haul, while Avengers: Age of Ultron earned 32% of its $84m Friday via $27.6m in previews and Captain America: Civil War earned 33% of its $75m Friday via $25m in Thursday previews.

Great

• Like 6

Just now, FlashMaster659 said:

Homecoming‘s Friday, including $15.4M from Thursday night shows, is looking at an opening day’s take that’s between $51.2M-$51.5M. We originally saw it between $48M-$49M last night.

If this is true then i win:D

Just now, eddyxx said:

They need a WW vs GOTG2 vs Spidey showdown asap. Can some one tweet that to Brad.(that's who is running it right now, right?)

They already have one up on BOM. :)

Peace,

Mike

• Like 3

Just now, Cochofles said:

That would make me soooooo happy! :D I love Latifah, Jada, and Regina Hall (her Scary Movie shenanigans are legendary!! :P )  

I would bet on it happening. I don't see Logan Lucky or Hitman's Bodyguard playing as well as Girls Trip and those three are the only comedies left for the summer (I think). I do think Logan Lucky and Hitman's Bodyguard will have solid runs though but I'm thinking Girls Trip pulls a Bad Moms. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ACSlater said:

Never!

If you follow the superhero tripe then you must suffer in silence while she wonders where you disappear for periods at a time. 

THAT BETTER BE A TYPO!!!!! :D 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Probably 50.5 given two reported that number. Let's just say split the difference and Sony gives us an official estimate of 51 even.

I think that SMH will be under-estimated come Sunday. And then jump with Monday actuals. There has been quite a long streak of underestimations for big openers (BatB, WW, GOTG, some other movies).

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

Or he can join :ph34r:

Thanks Baumer! I really appreciate it. Pretty nervous about it....but also very very excited for whats to come! 

A tleast your looks like it is planned out pretty well.

Mine was so half-assed and we ended up eloping so everything became so wild. It pissed off both of our parents to no end which I enjoyed though. 

1 minute ago, FilmBuff said:

Wow. 51.5 million opening day. Sony should be happy with that, right?

few days ago there was the concrete possibility of going sub $100m...I'm sure they're over the moon

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Isn't that a 32 % decrease from last Friday? Is that a good or a bad hold?

It's a great hold. Should be able to hit 10M weekend!!! Locks it passing GOTG2 and still alive for SM1, potentially CW & IM3.

• Like 1

I have Girls Trip around 18M right now for OW. There aren't any Bad Moms comparisons, but grim said it looks like it could finish close to that. Given the theater pool and reserved seating have increased, that would make 20M questionable if TOMATO LAW isn't on its side.

1 hour ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

No doubt. Always has, always will. But, guys like Raimi, Vaughn, Del Toro, Nolan, Bird and a few others have allowed us to have our cake and eat it too. As in, they've done both provide the winning heart and fantastic action beats.

One of these things is not like the other.

• Like 6

Just now, Krissykins said:

It's $50.5m.

Great opening day. Should do $137m opening with that I'm guessing? 

It should do around $130M imo

I think $137M is a little too high with that OD number but stranger things have happened so you cant rule anything out when it comes to the box office. 

• Like 1