CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

3 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Moms are already insulted by the main female character's outfit vs the male counterparts

They even joked about the outfit in the trailer.

For what it's worth, the trailer views are also strong too (14M views for the domestic trailer on Sony's main page, this does not include other outlets that posted the trailer), and the like:dislike ratio is much stronger than you would expect considering what it is.

Just now, baumer said:

If trailer reactions are not a good barometer for what it might do then what exactly is? I mean if you were in a theater and a trailer played and it was a comedy and nobody laughed would you say that doesn't matter it's still going to do very well?

RT scores

Trailer views

Tweets

Commercials and marketing effectiveness

Personal discussions with parental friends in the target audience

Your own kids' and nieces'/nephews' opinions (you laugh, but if they aren't like "mommy, mommy we have to go see that" after you see a commercial...that's a big red flag)

Presales

I could go on...but trailers for comedies are least effective, b/c sometimes they pretty much give away all the jokes...

4 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

RT scores

Trailer views

Tweets

Commercials and marketing effectiveness

Personal discussions with parental friends in the target audience

Your own kids' and nieces'/nephews' opinions (you laugh, but if they aren't like "mommy, mommy we have to go see that" after you see a commercial...that's a big red flag)

Presales

I could go on...but trailers for comedies are least effective, b/c sometimes they pretty much give away all the jokes...

Uh huh...and Jumanji did well with trailer views, I think it was trending on Twitter at one point, it seems to be the best option for families on the holiday outside of Ferdinand (which looks too childish that some parents might just wanna see Jumanji instead), and the trailers have been effective so far in getting laughs out of the audience.  It checks off most of the boxes that apply to it so far.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Uh huh...and Jumanji did well with trailer views, I think it was trending on Twitter at one point, it seems to be the best option for families on the holiday outside of Ferdinand (which looks too childish that some parents might just wanna see Jumanji instead), and the trailers have been effective so far in getting laughs out of the audience.  It checks off most of the boxes that apply to it so far.

One of my 2017 bold calls was that no starting wide Dec 15-Dec 25 Xmas release other than Star 8 will hit $200M (so Jumanji, PP3, Ferdinand, Greatest Showman, etc)...ala a repeat of 2015...

Not seeing any reason yet to change my mind...in fact, the way the summer has played out makes me more confident, not less...

Edited by TwoMisfits

3 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

One of my 2017 bold calls was that no starting wide Dec 15-Dec 25 Xmas release will hit $200M (so Jumanji, PP3, Ferdinand, Greatest Showman, etc)...ala a repeat of 2015...

Not seeing any reason yet to change my mind...in fact, the way the summer has played out makes me more confident, not less...

How is that bold?  I mean, if Jumanji does 150, is that a disappointment?  

And what other year has films in the Dec 15th to 25th release make 200 million?  In 2015, there were none outside of Star Wars.. 2016 had one besides Rogue One, 2014 there was one.

So I'm not sure what this is a bold call.

It seems to me that you are letting your dislike of Jumanji cloud your judgement.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DAR said:

I'm kind of fascinated by the drops All Eyes on Me has had

Wow, it's like an unauthorized made for Lifetime caliber biopic of Tupac that everyone who knew him has disowned kinda sux and should've never been made

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aabattery said:

He's been posting in the thread through his whole ban.

I assume it is just natural for Australians to break the law. Country of criminals, that place.

Because of that you guys from now on are getting zero point warnings to see the bans which will be registered in your accounts instead of these simple bans. So thank him for that lmao.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Because of that you guys from now on are getting zero point warnings to see the bans which will be registered in your accounts instead of these simple bans. So thank him for that lmao.

Then why did I get a blank warning in the system last week but not for my first two thread bans?

Image result for think emoji gif

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, drdungbeetle said:

That's the great thing about me, I come back the moment you don't want me! Just like a snake in the grass!

I LIVE I DIE I LIVE AGAIN

Until you get permanently banned that is.

• Like 4