CoolioD1

Once Upon a Time in... Hollywood | July 26 2019 | Digital Foot Technology | RIP Cinerama Dome

16 hours ago, Jonwo said:

The cynical side of me thinks he won't stick to 10 movies then retire, I think he'll take a break after 10 films but then decide to do 10 more films.

He has already done 11 films though ?

12 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

What's the other movie you think he directed?

1. Reservoir Dog

2. Pulp fiction

3. Four Rooms

4. Jackie Brown

5. Kill Bill 1

6 Kill bill 2

7. deathproof

8. Inglorious Bastards

9. Django Unchained

10. THe hateful 8

11. OuatiHollywood

Unless my counting is wrong that is 11 theatrically released feature length films with a Director credit for Quentin Tarantino.

26 minutes ago, Avatree said:

1. Reservoir Dog

2. Pulp fiction

3. Four Rooms

4. Jackie Brown

5. Kill Bill 1

6 Kill bill 2

7. deathproof

8. Inglorious Bastards

9. Django Unchained

10. THe hateful 8

11. OuatiHollywood

Unless my counting is wrong that is 11 theatrically released feature length films with a Director credit for Quentin Tarantino.

Ah, Four Rooms.  

Anthology films totally don't count, sorry.

4 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Ah, Four Rooms.  

Anthology films totally don't count, sorry.

I am not familiar with the movie (actually not familiar with tarantinos films at all really) but he is credited co-director. Either way he's done 10 films definitely. 

tHe nInTh fiLm bY qUenTiN TaRaNtinO

Edited by Avatree

21 minutes ago, Avatree said:

I am not familiar with the movie (actually not familiar with tarantinos films at all really) but he is credited co-director. Either way he's done 10 films definitely. 

tHe nInTh fiLm bY qUenTiN TaRaNtinO

They are his movies, and if he wants to consider the movie that was split into two parts as one movie(seeing as how it tells one story...), then he totally can.

4 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

They are his movies, and if he wants to consider the movie that was split into two parts as one movie(seeing as how it tells one story...), then he totally can.

Except he totally can't because they just objectively are two separate films. He can believe it himself but he should not lie on posters and marketing. He has some internal control freak power issues. Feels the need to rewrite history just cause he can.

I'm sure they were shot back to back or together or whatever but they are two separate movies that were released separately...

3 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Except he totally can't because they just objectively are two separate films. He can believe it himself but he should not lie on posters and marketing. He has some internal control freak power issues. Feels the need to rewrite history just cause he can.

I'm sure they were shot back to back or together or whatever but they are two separate movies that were released separately...

Kill Bill was all shot as one film.  It was so long that Weinstein decided to cut it into two movies

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Avatree said:

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Kill Bill was all shot as one film.  It was so long that Weinstein decided to cut it into two movies

Yes, it wasn't shot back to back so much as it was shot as the single movie he had originally planned.  

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Interesting! Okay well I can see why QT would consider it one film.

I would still say, I mean I assume that each film is edited for an individual release. Or does Volume 1 literally just end halfway through the movie

Just now, Avatree said:

Interesting! Okay well I can see why QT would consider it one film.

I would still say, I mean I assume that each film is edited for an individual release. Or does Volume 1 literally just end halfway through the movie

You certainly have not seen the movie, lol.

2 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

You certainly have not seen the movie, lol.

yeah, like I said, haven't seen it. Only seen Reservoir Dogs and Hateful Eight. I'll watch the new one when its released in a few weeks.

Edited by Avatree

Just now, Avatree said:

yeah, like I said, haven't seen it. Only seen Reservoir Dogs and Hateful Eight. I'll watch the new one when its released in a few weeks.

Kill Bill 1/2 are non-linear like a lot of his movies are, so it's not like halfway through it just ends.  Plus, since they made this decision while editing, he was able to craft each one to his liking.  It's remarkable really, because each one has a different tone and feel to it.  

1 minute ago, Deep Wang said:

Kill Bill 1/2 are non-linear like a lot of his movies are, so it's not like halfway through it just ends.  Plus, since they made this decision while editing, he was able to craft each one to his liking.  It's remarkable really, because each one has a different tone and feel to it.  

so you're saying ... they are distinct and different films?

6 minutes ago, Avatree said:

so you're saying ... they are distinct and different films?

I'm saying it's remarkable that QT was able to take the one movie, split it, and make them feel as though they were two parts, with a unique tone and feel for each.

It was written as one film, produced and directed as one film.  It only changed in post production while it was being edited.

On 7/26/2019 at 12:44 AM, Cmasterclay said:

Django Unchained

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

Inglorious Basterds

Reservoir Dogs

Jackie Brown

Pulp Fiction

massssssive gap after these six masterpieces to four that were mediocre to kinda bad

Kill Bill 1

Kill Bill 2

Hateful Eight

Death Proof

This hurts

• Like 3